• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What If...

gorillamilitia13

4 hours ago, Thompcat said:

What if.... the only way for us to get even close is to trade Cam to Cleveland and get their #1, #12, # 33, next year's 1st. Then you don't have a qb.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Garrett with pick 1, Fournette with 8,  D.Watson pick 12 , Demarcus walker with 33, and Jordan Legett with 40.

Not fuging bad. We will never trade Cam though as he's the best qb our franchise ever had up to this point. 

Also the Browns still wouldn't accept that . As good as cam is , the Browns aren't just a QB away from contending . 

18 hours ago, pantherj said:

Not for RBs and Safeties. Typically Safeties are not that important in our system. Atlanta might jump on a Safety, but the Panthers couldn't care less. Look at the entire draft history of the Panthers and where they pick Safeties. Look at what happens if a Safety starts to shine. He doesn't get paid, some other team picks him up. If we draft a safety at 8 it will be because we couldn't trade down and there was a big gap in talent imo. Trading back up to draft a Safety high would be maybe the most stunning moment in Panther draft history. Ok maybe not, but still shocking.

I have to completely disagree with you about your views on the safety position. There's a reason a lot of football coaches I've been around would stress how the safety is the most important position on defense. Eric Berry single-handedly won the Chiefs a couple games this year, if he were to hit the market this free agency a plethora of teams will be bidding for his services and they would be looking to PAY him. Especially in our division that has the likes of Mike Evans and Julio Jones. Really good receivers like them are almost impossible to stop with just your corners, your safety play will make the difference on whether or not you were able to contain that receiver. Now I'm not saying every safety is as good as Eric Berry, which is probably why you view the position like you do, it is a difficult position to master. But if you have a safety of his caliber or close to it, it will make a huge difference for your defense. And I think there are a couple safeties in this draft that have the potential to reach that level. 

Just now, gorillamilitia13 said:

I have to completely disagree with you about your views on the safety position. There's a reason a lot of football coaches I've been around would stress how the safety is the most important position on defense. Eric Berry single-handedly won the Chiefs a couple games this year, if he were to hit the market this free agency a plethora of teams will be bidding for his services and they would be looking to PAY him. Especially in our division that has the likes of Mike Evans and Julio Jones. Really good receivers like them are almost impossible to stop with just your corners, your safety play will make the difference on whether or not you were able to contain that receiver. Now I'm not saying every safety is as good as Eric Berry, which is probably why you view the position like you do, it is a difficult position to master. But if you have a safety of his caliber or close to it, it will make a huge difference for your defense. And I think there are a couple safeties in this draft that have the potential to reach that level. 

I was just pointing out what the Panthers have done with the safety position over the course of the franchise. The Panthers like to load up the front 7, get some good zone CBs, and look for cheap bargains at safety. It's just the way they generally build their defense. If a budget safety has a big season, then it's usually time to dump him if his contract is up. It's just the Panther way. If I were a fan of a team that valued the safety position then I'd be thrilled with taking a safety in the top 8. As a Panthers fan I'm not expecting it.

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

I was just pointing out what the Panthers have done with the safety position over the course of the franchise. The Panthers like to load up the front 7, get some good zone CBs, and look for cheap bargains at safety. It's just the way they generally build their defense. If a budget safety has a big season, then it's usually time to dump him if his contract is up. It's just the Panther way. If I were a fan of a team that valued the safety position then I'd be thrilled with taking a safety in the top 8. As a Panthers fan I'm not expecting it.

Gotcha my bad I misread it and thought you were talking about all teams. Thats true but we also hadn't come across a safety like that. I think DG understands how important a good safety is to a defense and would be willing to take one under the right circumstances.

Archived