• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What If...

gorillamilitia13

This is just a thought, and to be quite frank I highly doubt it will happen, so I repeat this was just a random thought that popped in my head. 

But what if DG decides to go balls deep and trades a first rounder next year for another top 10 pick this year in order to get himself one of these RBs and lets say, a safety? Would you guys support it ? Those are 2 deep and talented positions in this draft class that happen to also be 2 of our biggest needs. My id is telling me that this would be a good idea but my ego is telling me it wouldn't.

He's also been pulling one unexpected move an off season so maybe he's embraced that role.

Edit: I realize that you can't swap next years 1st for a top 10 pick in this draft, I meant to imply other picks would be involved as well but the highlight of the deal would be next years first.

Not for RBs and Safeties. Typically Safeties are not that important in our system. Atlanta might jump on a Safety, but the Panthers couldn't care less. Look at the entire draft history of the Panthers and where they pick Safeties. Look at what happens if a Safety starts to shine. He doesn't get paid, some other team picks him up. If we draft a safety at 8 it will be because we couldn't trade down and there was a big gap in talent imo. Trading back up to draft a Safety high would be maybe the most stunning moment in Panther draft history. Ok maybe not, but still shocking.

No chance, for multiple reasons.  A 1st in 2018=a 2nd in 2017 per the value chart.  Therefore getting back into the top 10 for two top 10 picks is about mathematically impossible without trading Cam or Luke.  0% chance.

For message board discussion the Patriots are probably the only team that'd be willing to part with their 1st at 32 for next year's 1st, and even they'd likely demand something in the present as well.

Maybe if we have two guys on our top 20 board overall slip to the 2nd round at a position of need (Ramczyk for example), and we unload our future 1st to a team that already has a LT (Browns, 49ers, Titans, etc.) at the top of the 2nd for him.  In that scenario we'd be trying to jump the LT needy Jets and Chargers at the top of the 2nd while using our own 2nd on Kamara after the Jets took Fournette in the 1st.  All very unlikely and certainly not a GMan move.

Archived