• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My new Favorite Pick #8 & #40

Catufb85

3 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

I like Fournette and Obi picks 8 and 40

Agree with you too. this was my scenario because I think Fournette will be gone.  Heck Thomas could be gone before 8 too with his combine performance. Obi might have jumped into the 1st round as well with his combine.

Guess this is kinda reality/pipe-dream as well.

Some scouts saying Thomas will go above Allen now.

43 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Star is 6'2"

In addition, Thomas measured in at 6'3", not a shade under 6'3".

We don't need another DT.  We need a DE that's worth a damn.  So, you're comparing a DT's height to a guy they will want to place at DE more often then not? WOW.  

Right now I want Fournette , Barnett, Adams, or Hooker with the 1st and either Dede Westbrook , Budda Baker, Obi Melionfu, or Demarcus Walker with pick 40. I wouldn't be made with double dipping at DE and get both Barnett and Walker in rounds 1 and 2,  and load up on offense for the rest of the draft. 

I'm extremely high on Westbrook especially if we let Ginn go we need a good deep threat with speed and I'm dubious we will pick Ross with #8 with his injury history, unless we trade down in the 1st I could see us getting Ross or OJ Howard with the 1st, picking up an extra second. 

5 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

You do realize he can play both positions, right? Check his snap count at DT and DE. Solomon played 44% of his snaps at DE in 2016. 

Scouts are projecting he'll play at DE in the NFL, not DT. Yet, he can slide in play at DT at any time just as Short can play DE at any time too.

Great, that's what this team needs another situational pass rusher.  Hurray!

Please Fournette drop to us.  

Pick #8 Leonard Fournette

Pick #40 Chris Godwin

Pick #70 Josh Jones

Pick #98 Jordan WIllis

Pick #102 Chidobe Awuzie

I'd be okay with this.

However I don't follow the draft or college coverage very closely. Not sure if these guys will be available or not when I chose them. .

28 minutes ago, Growl said:

we aren't picking 1.

True, but Thomas could happen.  Now if he had said Garrett that is a different story.  I was just curious who you thought would be better.  Its easy to second guess other people.

You are correct since we are picking 8th its hard to just name one person but you could throw out three names and have a good chance of one being there.  Something like Fournette, Adams, and Howard in that order.  There is always the chance all three might be gone but nobody is going to hold you to it.

Panthers (received from CLE) 

Pick traded from Cleveland Browns to Carolina Panthers. Details:
CLE receives the following picks: Round 1 Pick 8 (8) (CAR), Round 2 Pick 8 (40) (CAR), 2018 Round 1 Pick (CAR)
CAR receives the following picks: Round 1 Pick 1 (1) (CLE)

Carolina Panthers are on the clock. 

Round 1 Pick 1 (CLE): Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina (B+)
Round 4 Pick 8: Eddie Jackson, SS, Alabama (A+)
Round 4 Pick 10 (CHI): Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson (A)
Round 4 Pick 34 (CLE): Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson (A)
Round 5 Pick 1 (CLE): Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 5 Pick 3 (CHI): Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA (A)
Round 5 Pick 5 (LAR): Artavis Scott, WR, Clemson (B)
Round 5 Pick 8: Marquez White, CB, Florida State (B+)
Round 6 Pick 8: Jamaal Williams, RB, Brigham Young (D+)
Round 7 Pick 15: Fish Smithson, FS, Kansas (C+)

5 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Panthers (received from CLE) 

Pick traded from Cleveland Browns to Carolina Panthers. Details:
CLE receives the following picks: Round 1 Pick 8 (8) (CAR), Round 2 Pick 8 (40) (CAR), 2018 Round 1 Pick (CAR)
CAR receives the following picks: Round 1 Pick 1 (1) (CLE)

Carolina Panthers are on the clock. 

Round 1 Pick 1 (CLE): Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina (B+)
Round 4 Pick 8: Eddie Jackson, SS, Alabama (A+)
Round 4 Pick 10 (CHI): Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson (A)
Round 4 Pick 34 (CLE): Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson (A)
Round 5 Pick 1 (CLE): Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 5 Pick 3 (CHI): Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA (A)
Round 5 Pick 5 (LAR): Artavis Scott, WR, Clemson (B)
Round 5 Pick 8: Marquez White, CB, Florida State (B+)
Round 6 Pick 8: Jamaal Williams, RB, Brigham Young (D+)
Round 7 Pick 15: Fish Smithson, FS, Kansas (C+)

Nice to see someone else mention Say Jones, not seen him mentioned by anyone else, currently hoping we can pick him up with our 2nd 3rd rounder 

6 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Oh look, you went retard again.

Thomas is top prospect and will now be drafted before Allen. 

Who cares if he's Drafted before or after Allen?  I want neither.  I want Fournette.  

And if Thomas sucks, we know you won't admit you were wrong.  We already know how you roll.  

Archived