• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TE Adam Shaheen

Eclipse

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I think Kittle's a better option. I'll see if I can find it but when I went to check him out it I saw an article on his athletic ability.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Yeah.  Again everyone hyped Njoku as one of those Freaks.  And Kittle pretty much Mirrored him

He looked slow and would struggle to separate from linebackers and safeties who will be as fast or faster. Plus the more important thing is his quickness. Compare him to the top tight ends. He would be a good day 3 pick but there are better options in the first 3 rounds. Being that big and not a great blocker points to his being not that athletic. He surely isn't Olsen's successor and might not be an upgrade over Dickson

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Size isn't everything, it's really easy to say he can be coached up.  If that's the case you would go for the workout physical freaks at the top every time. There are Plenty of guys who are big but just doesn't not have it in them to be aggressive and block,  see the Jimmy Grahams, JuliusThomas etc. He was a high school basketball player who bulked up and played college football.

Kittle is a straight up football player. Son of a Iowa team captain OL.  Kid has it in him to be a football player.  Aggressive blocking who plays like he means business, blocking guys better than some 300 lb OL (if you watch what little game film of his that's up on the internet, there's times where he's pancaked DEs).  His athletic about is no slouch either.  People on here are having a Boner over "that Freak athlete Njoku" 

but comparing Kittle to him the are really about the same.

Njoku 6'4 246 4.64 133 broad 37.5 vert bench 21

Kittle 6'4 247 4.52 132 broad 35 vert bench 18

He is not awful blocker either , just needs to improve. While Kittle can play more of FB role he want be successful in-line blocker 

BTW I rather take Jordan Leggett before those 2 guys

34 minutes ago, SeoulPanther said:

But do you want the average blocker who 'might' improve with coaching, or the guy who fits our immediate needs but is not as flashy? Even if Shaheen lived up to that big play potential which is an if as a small school guy, it simply takes targets away from Olsen. And you still have no blocker unless you want Olsen to do that. Do we actually need 2 pro-bowl tight ends competing for targets? 

he is a cant miss...that's what i want... He has enough skills to help right now with more on the way...total upside with this guy...theres enough targets to go around...yes, he is the guy...

38 minutes ago, SeoulPanther said:

But do you want the average blocker who 'might' improve with coaching, or the guy who fits our immediate needs but is not as flashy? Even if Shaheen lived up to that big play potential which is an if as a small school guy, it simply takes targets away from Olsen. And you still have no blocker unless you want Olsen to do that. Do we actually need 2 pro-bowl tight ends competing for targets? 

feel free to bring this back up later...looking forward to it...

1 minute ago, CWORS said:

I wouldn't be upset about picking him up but how much better is he than the TE we grabbed from Duke last year (Beau Sandland) If he's 2x better then yeah get him but if not stick with Sandland!

Sorry but that's unlikely since he currently plays for the Packers...

7 hours ago, Eclipse said:

Some are comparing him to Gronkowski.  Do anyone know anything about him.  Should we pick him or should we pass on him in the later rounds.

My wife went to Ashland University and her family still lives in Ashland, OH..  Small school, but he is the real deal.  Was a basketball player in HS.  Good character (unlike Gronk)

Archived