• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Have Signed Safety Mike Adams

bobsfoodbasics

I've never been a fan of safeties that lack athleticism or range, but seeing the difference with the defense once we let Harper walk was eye opening, and he was the posterboy for safeties that lack athleticism and range lol.  But, he was smart.  Ideally, I hope we find a way to upgrade beyond Adams, and keep adding bodies to the position to improve our chances that one is the answer, but if he ends up being the starter, it's still better than the alternative.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I've never been a fan of safeties that lack athleticism or range, but seeing the difference with the defense once we let Harper walk was eye opening, and he was the posterboy for safeties that lack athleticism and range lol.  But, he was smart.  Ideally, I hope we find a way to upgrade beyond Adams, and keep adding bodies to the position to imlrove our chances that one is the answer, but if he ends up being the starter, it's still better than the alternative.

Might wanna put on some tube videos bruh.

He's old...not nonathletic.

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

giphy.gif

I was referring to his athleticism and age (hence the "even in his prime").  36 at safety isn't ideal, especially for a guy who wasn't all that physically impressive to begin with. But, ultimately, i'm not complaining.  Anyone we add at safety is a plus at this point and the DBs could use his knowledge and experience.

ike Adams - DB - Panthers

Panthers agreed to terms with FS Mike Adams, formerly of the Colts, on a two-year contract.

The Panthers are getting a proven ballhawk in Adams, who has intercepted 12 passes over his last three seasons. The two-time Pro Bowler will bring a strong veteran presence to a Panthers secondary that went through growing pains in 2016. Adams turns 36 later this month. This could be his last contract.
Related: Colts

17 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

So basically the new Roman Harper...not my first choice, but still is better than Tre Boston.

It definitely beats athletic but no f'ing clue what's going on. He should be good as long as we can hide his lack of athleticism like we did Roman.

23 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

Never heard of him. 

21 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yuck.

Very limited guy, even in his prime from what i remember.

36 turnovers in 13 seasons. not a barnburner, but consistent with a veteran presence to boot. i like the signing.

12 minutes ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

guess he will play SS here

YES! move Kurt back to FS!

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I was referring to his athleticism and age (hence the "even in his prime").  36 at safety isn't ideal, especially for a guy who wasn't all that physically impressive to begin with. But, ultimately, i'm not complaining.  Anyone we add at safety is a plus at this point and the DBs could use his knowledge and experience.

Agreed.

I have a real desire to draft Jamal Adams if he's sitting there for us and add him to this young secondary along with old vet Adams.

If he's gone, then draft the TE OJ Howard and automatically upgrade your offense.

Archived