• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade Kony Ealy To Patriots

bobsfoodbasics

Everybody should also realize about this, this is the last year of his deal. If we kept him this year it's very possibly (likely) he would have no impact and then go somewhere else in FA after. Wish we got more than moving up 8 spots if that's what it is but even still I think it's a solid move.

7 minutes ago, Rastlet said:

Depends on what pick it was whether it makes sense or not. Quite possibly traded Ealy to move up a whopping 8 spots.

We just signed 3 (not counting Horton, who's depth IMO) and will draft one early. That means there Ealy probably wouldn't have made it out of training camp, so why not move up 8 spots?

Just now, sanjay_rajput said:

Its comp pick but  really we are losing out on Ealy, I thought he would last another year to prove himself.

We definitely  need to pickup a younger DE in the mid round.

Schefter says it's for pick 72 not our comp.

Ealy never showed anything and that includes at Mizzou, Gettleman isn't the draft guru many of you think he is. Gettleman passed on guys like Robinson, Landry and Moncrief for Ealy. 

Just another poor move added to the long list of his

4 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Wow...what's with the hostilities man?  

Ealy surely would have beaten out Horton, since he has 3 times in a row now.  All I'm saying is that all we gained is 8 spots.  Not an extra pick.  8 freaking spots.  Sure hope Johnson doesn't have injury concerns again this season.  

Im sure confined9991 is somebody's alt who spews nothing but ad hominem and insults. It's beginning to annoy the fug out of me.

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Ealy never showed anything and that includes at Mizzou, Gettleman isn't the draft guru many of you think he is. Gettleman passed on guys like Robinson, Landry and Moncrief for Ealy. 

I don't like that, must be a reason behind it.

5 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

IF we Gave them Ealy to move up 8 spots then lol.

If it's the comp then fine but if we are giving away a starting DE then we should be the team getting picks and only getting picks...not giving them away AND the fugin player....

You really think we could trade straight up trade Ealy for a second? In what world?

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Yeah, with CAP looking to be the next cut, we're looking at like 3-4 busts in the past 2 seasons.

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

And I thought I already blocked all the village idiots on this site....another pops up

Archived