• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We got better at every position other than WR

panther4life

McDowell and Charlton are reaches at pick 8 to me. If you have a top 10 pick you really want to reach for the 3Rd or 4th best DE? When yiu have a chance to get the best RB , WR, TE, OT, or safety ? I'd hate the pick if either of them were it at 8 

only position the panthers really god better at is nickel CB

kalil has been trash for a while, Mike Adams can barely stay alive, and the DE is a 37 year old who hasn't played the position in years. 

but there's lots of easily digested story lines for the imbeciles so hey hey super bowl i guess whatever

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2017 at 8:57 AM, Toomers said:

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon will remain on the NFL's reserve/suspended list until further notice.

Gordon was scheduled to rejoin practice on Monday and play Oct. 9 against the New England Patriots in his first game since 2014, but he checked into an in-patient rehabilitation facility last week and put his career on hold.

Browns head coach Hue Jackson on Friday said the wide receiver's tenure is over in Cleveland after the latest setback. Brown missed the entire 2015 season while serving a suspension for multiple violations of the league's policy on substance abuse

"He's not going to be with us and we wish him well, but we're moving forward," Jackson said. We're going to move on."

Well, just as I suspected.

Last season, Browns coach Hue Jackson told reporters the team planned to "close that chapter" on Gordon, saying: "We're moving on."

Brown, though, sang a different tune on Tuesday night.

"Josh, assuming that he'd play at the level we started to see glimpses of last preseason and certainly when he was in the league before, would be a talent I think no team in the NFL would turn down if he got back in," Brown said. "Our decision with Josh is just understanding where he is in his process and being able to add him."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000796096/article/sashi-browns-not-in-position-to-dump-josh-gordon

@GoobyPls

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Well, just as I suspected.

Last season, Browns coach Hue Jackson told reporters the team planned to "close that chapter" on Gordon, saying: "We're moving on."

Brown, though, sang a different tune on Tuesday night.

"Josh, assuming that he'd play at the level we started to see glimpses of last preseason and certainly when he was in the league before, would be a talent I think no team in the NFL would turn down if he got back in," Brown said. "Our decision with Josh is just understanding where he is in his process and being able to add him."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000796096/article/sashi-browns-not-in-position-to-dump-josh-gordon

@GoobyPls

LOL..yea I saw this. I can only take a man at his EXACT words. So if I'm wrong I'll be back to admit it. The coach has moved on. The FO guy is trying to build trade value. When he steps on the field for Cleveland, then I was wrong, and Jackson was lying. Until then, not one thing has changed. 

Want to place a wager since you're so sure enough to pull out this old and ridiculous topic. I'll stand by my statements still. Put some $$$$ behind it if you think I'm wrong

4 hours ago, Toomers said:

LOL..yea I saw this. I can only take a man at his EXACT words. So if I'm wrong I'll be back to admit it. The coach has moved on. The FO guy is trying to build trade value. When he steps on the field for Cleveland, then I was wrong, and Jackson was lying. Until then, not one thing has changed. 

Want to place a wager since you're so sure enough to pull out this old and ridiculous topic. I'll stand by my statements still. Put some $$$$ behind it if you think I'm wrong

No GM in the league is going to trade anything for Gordon unless they're stupid. 

My point is that you shouldn't always take what a coach or exec says particularly when dealing with a player who is extremely talented like Josh Gordon. 

As for betting, I don't even bet on games, much less something as foolish as this. But what I will say is that being that Brown is the GM, his word rules, and it's probably coming from on high. IF Gordon exhibits a sense of the straight and narrow this time, and it actually manifests itself, they'd be crazy to release him. At this point it's a low risk-high reward kind of thing.

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

No GM in the league is going to trade anything for Gordon unless they're stupid. 

My point is that you shouldn't always take what a coach or exec says particularly when dealing with a player who is extremely talented like Josh Gordon. 

As for betting, I don't even bet on games, much less something as foolish as this. But what I will say is that being that Brown is the GM, his word rules, and it's probably coming from on high. IF Gordon exhibits a sense of the straight and narrow this time, and it actually manifests itself, they'd be crazy to release him. At this point it's a low risk-high reward kind of thing.

And it would be even more foolish to force Jackson to play him if he doesn't want him on the team. It's easy to take whatever statement makes you feel better. But the GMs statement has a bunch of "ifs"'attached to it. The HC's statement left no doubt. I'll stick with the definitive statement over the "hopeful" one. If he can play for the team he has burned on a continuous basis, why can't he play for another team? Doesn't seem logical. 

If you can't take an exec or coach seriously, what was the point of bumping a 3 week old post. If the first statement was unreliable, by your own words, so is this one. 

Archived