• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An interesting option

sharkkiller

So this is just a thought that I had:

What if the following happens prior to and on draft day.

There has not been a big demand for running backs this off season. Jamal Charles and Adrian Peterson are still available among others. I do not think that Peterson is not in the cards, but Jamal Charles may very well be. So I was thinking, what if we sign Jamal Charles, which could take Fournette off the books as the 8th pick. Then we grab John Ross with that pick and grab McCaffrey in the second round. This would immediately give us the speed receiver, another veteran RB to take some of the load off of Stewie and as insurance in case he gets hurt again. We could then cut CAP lose and have McCaffrey as our 3rd down back. The only problem would be who to activate at RB on Sundays.

Not saying that it will happen, but it is an interesting option to ponder as the draft draws closer.

1 minute ago, thebigcat said:

A WR #8 with numerous medical problems and a white rb with our second round pick would be one of the is worse then the Panthers drafting Randy Fasani, Eric Shelton, Dwayne Jarrett, Kerry Collins, Rae Carruth combined

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Agree to disagree. Ross would have an immediate impact on our receiving core, even if the team traded down a few spots to pick him up. And getting hung up on the "white" running back is just ridiculous. If he can play he can play, and he has proven that he is a great player. He outperformed Fournette at the combine, so not drafting him because he is white is just stupid/

John Ross at 8... lol. DG isn't Al Davis.

And signing Charles wouldn't take Fournette off the books. McCaffrey could be great value at 40 but doubt he falls there too, and would be pissed if we traded up for him. Fournette at 8 and trade up for Howard maybe. 

4 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

A WR #8 with numerous medical problems and a white rb with our second round pick would be one of the worst drafts in Panthers history. It's far worse than drafting Randy Fasani, Eric Shelton, Dwayne Jarrett, Kerry Collins, Rae Carruth combined

This is racist

Just now, thebigcat said:

He hasn't outperformed fournette in game situations. Gettleman doesn't pay that much stock to the underwear Olympics. He's a film junkie

Really? 

McCaffrey stats

CAREER STATS RUSHING RECEIVING
SEASON ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2016 253 1603 6.3 90 13 37 310 8.4 56 3
2015 337 2019 6.0 70 8 45 645 14.3 75 5
2014 42 300 7.1 37 0 17 251 14.8 52 2

Fournette stats

CAREER STATS RUSHING RECEIVING
SEASON ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2016 129 843 6.5 78 8 15 146 9.7 38 0
2015 300 1953 6.5 87 22 19 253 13.3 46 1
2014 187 1034 5.5 89 10 7 127 18.1 40 0

I guess you really dont pay attention to college football, They are very comparable. 

The market for RBs is a buyer's market and has been for some time. I was alittle shocked last yr when Dave didn't do something with stews contract. Here we are and still nothing, given the market Dave has plenty of power. I bet AP is taken back too, he's either going to retire(doubtful) or crawl back to Minnesota.

Plus the draft is deep here too, just a terrible time to be free agent RB. I'd all for bringing in a bargain RB to replace cap and/or tolberts spot for sure. I'm still mad fozzy was signed so fast given his price too, it's pays to be rb coach skips lost son.....

14 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

A WR #8 with numerous medical problems and a white rb with our second round pick would be one of the worst drafts in Panthers history. It's far worse than drafting Randy Fasani, Eric Shelton, Dwayne Jarrett, Kerry Collins, Rae Carruth combined

What the hell does skin color have to do with ability to play and perform?? By that retarded logic, Steve Nash was a terrible PG in basketball because he was white. GTFOH.

What exactly are you implying with the "white" RB comment?

Archived