• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hawks open for a Sherman Trade

Catufb85

For context, this was more of a theoretical idea rather than an actual idea based on actual sources from the Seahawks.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/exploring-a-rumor-about-the-seahawks-being-open-to-trading-richard-sherman/

Instead, Lombardi says the Seahawks might simply think trading Sherman would be the best way to free up what he says is some much-needed salary cap space.

“Their cap is kind of a mess and they need to fix it,” Lombardi said.

Basically, the dude predicts based upon their cap, freeing Sherman would make logical sense. 

Nothing really of substance in all honesty.

17 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

For context, this was more of a theoretical idea rather than an actual idea based on actual sources from the Seahawks.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/exploring-a-rumor-about-the-seahawks-being-open-to-trading-richard-sherman/

Basically, the dude predicts based upon their cap, freeing Sherman would make logical sense. 

Nothing really of substance in all honesty.

Happens.

There's apparently substance to the Marshawn Lynch story, though.

36 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

personally I would acquire info if I were the Panthers.  Bradberry and Sherman would be a deadly combo.  his $11 million cap isn't that bad for one of the best corners in the league.  0.1% chances of it actually happen. But I would possibly be willing to make a trade. 

Assuming Captain can still lock down the slot,  we would have a solid D, but it'll never happen, more like 0.01% haha

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

Total buyer beware....ewww...  I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole!

Sherman has thrived in Seattle due to the system, team, whatever.  Is he the type of player who can step out into a different defense and still thrive?  He's a very smart guy, competitive player, and a leader.  Very good qualities.  Why shop that in his prime with a good contract now?  Something is afoot indeed.

If this was a real thing, you can see someone going for it.  My only thought is that Seattle has a few guys who they think they can draft to replace him.  I still wouldn't do it!

Maybe he wants out.  Who knows.  You would get Sherman for two years at 11 mil. per?  Bradberry on one side and Sherman on the other with Worley as backup.  Throw in Adams and Coleman.  Where's the weakness in our defense. 

Sherman is a smart player and would thrive under Wilks.  Probably better than Seattle.   I think he would go crazy to play with Luke and TD.

Someone joked the other day about us having the greatest defense ever.  On paper it would be hard to argue.

I'd give up pick 64 for him.

i'd send them our second rounder. fug it, he'd be good for a couple of years when our window is open the widest, and suddenly we'd have one of the best secondaries in the league with coleman, sherman, munnerlyn, bradberry, adams. would make an already promising pass rush even more dangerous - give pep and CJ an extra half second to reach ball carriers and it'll be a feeding frenzy.

unfortunately jerry would probably nix it - can't have any of those uppity trouble-making folks on the team, not without frank luntz to filter it

Come on' man.  It is a conversation.

Ok convo realistically what are we in a position to give up RIGHT NOW for him? Stew? We all saw what our offense I looked like without him and I'd prefer not to go into the season without him and rely on a rookie RB unless it's maybe fournette but who knows if we will even get him. 1st round pick? No thanks I'd rather have the possibility of drafting a stud who's gonna be here the next 10 years with the next 5 being on a rookie pay scale. I don't see any other realistic possibilities of this happening as much as I'd love to see Richard in a Panthers uniform. But bottom line he isn't the type of player the organization wants right or wrong. Norman was brash and outspoken and look what happened. Once again i love Sherman and would love for this to somehow happen but deep down everyone knows...it ain't happening

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived