• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Gettleman trades back into Round 1....

SCP

Nipster Poll  

175 members have voted

1. 1. If DG trades back into RD1, what would be your favorite combo?

• OJ Howard/Cam Robinson
    • Fournette/Cam Robinson
    • Sol Thomas/McCaffrey
    • Corey Davis/Dalvin Cook
    • Derek Barnett/Ryan Ramczyk
    • Jamal Adams/Kamara
    • Other

13 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Rather trade down and grab Howard late in the 1st and pick up an additional couple mid round picks to stack the OL and DL.

Howard's stock seems to really be climbing. Not sure he makes it out of the top 15 for us to trade back to late in the 1st and grab him. 

10 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Howard's stock seems to really be climbing. Not sure he makes it out of the top 15 for us to trade back to late in the 1st and grab him. 

There is little chance of getting Howard outside of the top 12 picks from the momentum hes gaining.  I've seen recently that he doesn't get pass the Saints at pick 11, seen him to Bills at 10 and even as high as Jaguars at 4 and Jets at 6.  Depending on how the draft comes to us, OJ may be a steal at #8 and I would be perfectly fine with it if Fournette, Thomas, and safeties are gone.

They are describing OJ now as one of the most complete TE's to come out in quite some time.

OJ at #8 instead of later in the 1st is becoming at reality.

6 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

There is little chance of getting Howard outside of the top 12 picks from the momentum hes gaining.  I've seen recently that he doesn't get pass the Saints at pick 11, seen him to Bills at 10 and even as high as Jaguars at 4 and Jets at 6.  Depending on how the draft comes to us, OJ may be a steal at #8 and I would be perfectly fine with it if Fournette, Thomas, and safeties are gone.

They are describing OJ now as one of the most complete TE's to come out in quite some time.

OJ at #8 instead of later in the 1st is becoming at reality.

After sucking wind for defensive help publicly and otherwise, for the Saints to even consider Howard is absurd.  They're targeting Barnett and I hope they don't have the pleasure.

6 minutes ago, Nails said:

After sucking wind for defensive help publicly and otherwise, for the Saints to even consider Howard is absurd.  They're targeting Barnett and I hope they don't have the pleasure.

It's the Saints. There's not really anything predictable other than there is a 98% chance that whatever they do, it won't make any sense to anyone unless they pop about 10 vicadin and wash it down with a big glass of Breesus juice. 

If he gets in the first 2 times, it's a crapshoot (which I do think will happen).  At #25-32, he's just gonna take BPA.  The reason that Gettleman values the first round so much is the fact that he gets a 5th year option, so IMO, he'll sell out 2 second rounders for the chance to lock a blue goose down at a good value for 5 years.

Archived