• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Bleed Carolina Blue

chknwing

No, that's not true.  Buying merchandise, supporting charities and going to games does not even come close to uprooting your life for several years to live on or around a college campus, attend classes every day, stay up all night studying for exams, etc.  The amount of sacrifice and work that goes into earning your degree and building a lifelong bond with your ALMA MATER is so, so much more than any amount of merchandise purchased, charities supported,etc.
For the people who didn't attend the university or college in general, it's fine to watch college sports and be excited by the pageantry and traditions... but you just have to suck it up and accept the reality that you're NOT a part of it in any meaningful way.  That sucks, but it is what it is.

So, since you didn't serve in the military, you're not really an American? You want to preach about sacrifice and work, you don't have a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

11 hours ago, ECUPantherFan said:

No, it's pretty dead-on accurate.  All these Wal-Heel t-shirt fans... "cause my diddy loved Kurlina!"  UNC alumni want nothing to do with you.

Dude I went to your crappy school. There's a reason I still love teams in the ACC. Can't get my rocks off to beating UCF. If the world was on the same page as you then guess what ? No March madness because only a 100k people would be allowed to watch. Thank God a few Pirate fans are realists n not d bags!

7 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

So, since you didn't serve in the military, you're not really an American? You want to preach about sacrifice and work, you don't have a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Um... I was born in the United States to two American citizens.  Pretty sure that makes me an American.  

You guys are comparing pro sports to college which is apples to oranges... and now YOU are comparing college sports to the military, which is apples to space ships.  LoL.. the military is not a part of this conversation.  Move those goalposts some more, why don't you?

If you did not attend UNC, you have no meaningful, tangible connection to the university or its athletic teams.  Period.  Sucks, but again - it is what it is.

5 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Dude I went to your crappy school. There's a reason I still love teams in the ACC. Can't get my rocks off to beating UCF. If the world was on the same page as you then guess what ? No March madness because only a 100k people would be allowed to watch. Thank God a few Pirate fans are realists n not d bags!

1) I didn't say anything about not being able to watch.  If you didn't attend, it is not "your school" or "your Heels"... you have no connection to them, nor them to you.

2) 100,000 people, really?  There are 68 teams in the NCAA Tournament.  Are you saying that the ENTIRE student body PLUS living alumni for ALL 68 schools is only 100,000?  LoL... you're so not cut out for hyperbole.

11 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

If you did not attend UNC, you have no meaningful, tangible connection to the university or its athletic teams.  Period.  Sucks, but again - it is what it is.

I'll let Justin Jackson's mom know she needs to stop cheering for the team immediately because some DB fan thinks he can write the rules to team fandom. 

6 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

Sounds like an ECU fan that hates the fact the majority of his "alumni" root for UNC after football season ends.  At least that's what it looks like to me.  

Ironically enough I was at the Final Four with two ECU grads who are both Heels fans. 

1 minute ago, RoaringRiot said:

Ironically enough I was at the Final Four with two ECU grads who are both Heels fans. 

State fans, I can understand.  They have an inferiority complex.  ECU fans doing this?  Na, the majority of their fan base are UNC fans after football season.  So, this is awful.    

Truth hurts.  

e.jpg

4f4689f29ba55-640x480.jpg

That is why I laugh and roll my eyes whenever I see someone who CLEARLY is not an alumnus talking about "their Heels"... lmao.  It tells me everything I need to know about them, right there.

If. You. Are. Not. An. Alum. There. Is. No. Such. Thing. As. "YOUR". Heels.  End of story.

I know I'm outnumbered on this forum in this regard.  But I just thought you ought to at least hear the truth.  You can do whatever you like with it.

5 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

State fans, I can understand.  They have an inferiority complex.  ECU fans doing this?  Na, the majority of their fan base are UNC fans after football season.  So, this is awful.    

I thought it was funny that guy in the video was a Mich State fan. Some definitely similarities in the relationships between those two Michigan teams and NCSU and UNC. 

6 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

People who are so worried about the composition of other teams' fan bases are obviously very insecure people. It's the truth. They live very sad lives. 

LoL... nope, not insecure whatsoever.  I'm secure in my choice of Alma Mater.  (Bachelors and Masters) I'm secure in my fandom.  I have a good job, am happily married, and have an amazing kid.

It's just that sometimes when I see all the trash bubble up about "their heels" or "their blue devils", I just feel that it is my duty to remind 99% of them that their relationship with the university is meaningless, and hope they take a good look in the mirror and chew on that a while before going back to Wal-Mart to buy another Hanes Beefy T with either logo on it.

Since when did taking pride in a Public state institution become a crime? I went to a different school for athletic opportunities it doesn't make me any less of a Tarheel fan. I wasn't/couldn't pay tuition out of pocket to attend Chapel hill so I took the opportunity for free education else where... I'll say "MY HEELS" if I damn well please

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived