• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Multiple Front Office Execs Believe Christian McCaffery Will Go In Top 10

bobsfoodbasics

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

If he was 20-25 pound heavier then yes, dude is too little for that high of a pick

Is a 21 year old Lesean McCoy worth a top 10 pick?

What about Jamaal Charles?

I could go on, but you see the point.

McCaffrey played injured half of the season and played behind one of the most porous offensive lines that Stanford has produced in over 10 years. And he STILL rushed for over 1600 yards. How can you look at production like that and question weight?

11 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

I hear this all over the message board. But how do we know that? Have we ever had a player like McCaffrey? No. Do we know what Shula would want to do with a guy with McCaffrey's skill set? Nope.

Not to mention that McCaffrey is a beast. In any system, he will move the chains and put points on the board. Nuff Said.

maybe, maybe not....we will agree to disagree 

Just now, XClown1986 said:

It's not a disagreement. It's more that I am willing to wait to analyze with facts.

its no reason to analyze anything because this is smoke and the Panthers are most likely not going to take him at 8. if we do select him Im willing to debate till you are blue in the face. 

4 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Is a 21 year old Lesean McCoy worth a top 10 pick?

What about Jamaal Charles?

I could go on, but you see the point.

Not near as compact as McCoy and doesn't weigh as much. He will not be an every down back like McCoy. 

Charles was a track star and would leave McCaffrey in his dust.

He's a less athletic Reggie Bush. Similar size and not nearly as fast. 

1 hour ago, countryboi said:

its no reason to analyze anything because this is smoke and the Panthers are most likely not going to take him at 8. if we do select him Im willing to debate till you are blue in the face. 

The fortunate (for fans) / and unfortunate (for the front office of the Panthers) is that when there is smoke there is fire with any news that comes out. And there have been whispers about McCaffrey to the Panthers since February. The pundits are just now getting wind and believing it. 

It usually takes until the middle of April for mock drafts to take shape and it is no accident that unexpected players move up the board last minute. The gossip is swirling.

1 minute ago, XClown1986 said:

The fortunate (for fans) / and unfortunate (for the front office of the Panthers) is that when there is smoke there is fire with any news that comes out. And there have been whispers about McCaffrey to the Panthers since February. The pundits are just now getting wind and believing it. 

It usually takes until the middle of April for mock drafts to take shape and it is no accident that unexpected players move up the board last minute. The gossip is swirling.

I'll give you 5:1 odds for any amount you want that we don't pick McCaffrey at 8. Bet some scratch on this smoke.

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

Not near as compact as McCoy and doesn't weigh as much. He will not be an every down back like McCoy. 

McCoy weighed 207 at the combine. He is 215 now after being in the league 7 years. Tell me how that is a HUGE difference. Not to mention that McCaffrey's agility tests were the 2nd best since 2003 for ANY runningback. I'm not saying the kid is the messiah but many of you are underestimating him. 

And Jamaal Charles has better long speed but the skill set from yards 1 to 10 are eerily the same. And it's not as is McCaffrey doesn't have big play ability. The dude SHATTERED the greatest runningback in history's (Barry Sanders) total yardage in a season by a single player.

I'll give you 5:1 odds for any amount you want that we don't pick McCaffrey at 8. Bet some scratch on this smoke.

I'm not saying he will be the pick. My argument is against the fact that many believe he isn't deserving.

Reggie Bush's vision was for poo. McCaffrey almost has a second set of eyes.

Just now, XClown1986 said:

I'm not saying he will be the pick. My argument is against the fact that many believe he isn't deserving.

It sure as hell sounds that way. And he isn't. You don't seriously think he's an every down RB do you?

Archived