• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"McCaffrey can't run in between the Tackles"

Jaxel

I get that, but you don't have break 6 tackles every time to run between the tackles. Your vision, awareness patience are part of it. Look at Bell, he hardly gets hit in the backfield because he is so good at finding space.

Bell is 25 lbs heavier than McCaffrey. He ain't Bell. At best he's Reggie Bush.  And that's ok, he can be a productive player like Bush.  If Bush were a late 1st or 2nd round pick like McCaffrey should be no one would call him a bust or have negative feelings about him.  But in hindsight Bush should not have been a top 2, 5, 10, or even 20 pick. 

17 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Bell is 25 lbs heavier than McCaffrey. He ain't Bell. At best he's Reggie Bush.  And that's ok, he can be a productive player like Bush.  If Bush were a late 1st or 2nd round pick like McCaffrey should be no one would call him a bust or have negative feelings about him.  But in hindsight Bush should not have been a top 2, 5, 10, or even 20 pick. 

In the seasons he stayed healthy, his production was pretty close to being worthy of a top pick. He only played 14+ games five times and in four of those seasons he had 1200+ yards from scrimmage. If he'd had ten seasons able to play 14+ games, he would've put together a damn fine career. Like Stew, he just stayed injured too much.

33 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Barry Sanders was 5'8 200.  He did ok.

It's not about total mass. More about build. Sanders was a tank. Not to mention how much bigger players have gotten since then. 

McCaffrey isn't the kind of guy who you would want getting 20+ carries. And if you're going to take an rb in the top ten then that's what you will need out of him. 

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

In the seasons he stayed healthy, his production was pretty close to being worthy of a top pick. He only played 14+ games five times and in four of those seasons he had 1200+ yards from scrimmage. If he'd had ten seasons able to play 14+ games, he would've put together a damn fine career. Like Stew, he just stayed injured too much.

You're not wrong, 1200+ over 10 years or so would have been good numbers, but I still would prefer AP, Lynch, etc. 1200+ yards rushing and can be depended on to get the tough yards over 700 yds rushing, 500 yds receiving and still have to get Cam to get the 4th and 2s or goal line dives all the time. The receiving yards are obviously still useful, but yards aren't always just yards in my opinion. 

30 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Barry Sanders was 5'8 200.  He did ok.

Hyperbolic much?  Bit of a stretch to compare him to Barry Sanders.  Sanders was like Smitty, able to more than transcend physical limitations, and those guys don't come around very often. 

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

You're not wrong, 1200+ over 10 years or so would have been good numbers, but I still would prefer AP, Lynch, etc. 1200+ yards rushing and can be depended on to get the tough yards over 700 yds rushing, 500 yds receiving and still have to get Cam to get the 4th and 2s or goal line dives all the time. The receiving yards are obviously still useful, but yards aren't always just yards in my opinion. 

Hyperbolic much?  Bit of a stretch to compare him to Barry Sanders.  Sanders was like Smitty, able to more than transcend physical limitations, and those guys don't come around very often. 

Yeah exactly. Smitty and Sanders were short but by no means small. 

See how guys like Melvin Gordon and Reggie Bush struggle with staying healthy in the NFL even though they were world beaters in college. 

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

My point was you can be great at 200 Ibs.  And I consider CMac to be a very rare talent as well.

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

My point was you can be great at 200 Ibs.  And I consider CMac to be a very rare talent as well.

It's not just weight. 200 pounds at 5'8 is different from 200 pounds at 6'0. 

Martavius Bryant is 200 pounds. Want to try him between the tackles? 

2 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

It's not just weight. 200 pounds at 5'8 is different from 200 pounds at 6'0. 

Martavius Bryant is 200 pounds. Want to try him between the tackles? 

Well shoot, if Mike Holiday says he cant run between the tackles then he cant.  Dang it.

Archived