• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"McCaffrey can't run in between the Tackles"

Jaxel

I'm a fan of McCaffrey but those highlights don't really show what he will do against an NFL defense. On a ton of those highlights he is untouched- in the league yards after first contact is huge- again not saying he won't be a good player but we all know he is fast and has fantastic agility. 

7 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

It's just that so many people are afraid of him cause he "can't run in our system". Seriously??? this is exactly what we do!

The difference is that we do it against NFL teams.  I think mccaffrey will be very good in the right system as a complimentary player, and at 40 or even a small trade up from 40 I'm good with.  At 8 I want more than that though. 

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I'm a fan of McCaffrey but those highlights don't really show what he will do against an NFL defense. On a ton of those highlights he is untouched- in the league yards after first contact is huge- again not saying he won't be a good player but we all know he is fast and has fantastic agility. 

Yea that highlight video was him mostly untouched. He jumped over twice and was untouched on most of them....that wouldn't be the "this guy can take the rock up the middle" highlight video I'd be showing to prove he can get tough inside runs. Then again they don't usually make highlights of tough 4 yard runs or even just take the 2 you got on this play type of videos either.

He's a play maker with hands, vision, versatility, speed, and quickness and can't really be faulted for actually making good plays and taking the right gap to the house. He could be in the slot and move behind Cam, or be behind Cam and then motion out to the slot or outside....he doesn't have to leave the field whether he's going to run or go out on a route.

Archived