• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some Kickers in the draft

Moorgan

most kickers aren't clutch. robert aguayo was considered one of the best kicker prospects ever and he completely sucked. same with mike nugent. once you get a decent kicker (which gano is) then you hold onto him... otherwise you get a stupid ass olindo mare/justin medlock situation and are fuged.

Gano was injured last year as well. I'm not so quick on wanting him gone just yet. Let's see how his surgery helps things.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

25 minutes ago, SOJA said:

some guy on reddit did a big statistical breakdown and basically came to the conclusion that it's not really worth drafting a kicker 

I can almost see this and agree.  Also heard that some body broke it down statistically and said if you never punt and always go for 2 you will win 2 more games a year....

kind of interesting.  

1 hour ago, Moorgan said:

https://charlotteobserver.relaymedia.com/amp/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article146322284.html

A nice little article by Jordan Rodrigue about some the kickers that are in the draft. I wouldn't be mad if we used a 4th on this guy:

Zane Gonzalez

College: Arizona State 

Ht.: 6-foot-1. Wt.: 190.

Projected round: Fourth. 

Comment: Gonzalez is the reigning Lou Groza award winner for the nation’s best college kicker and a unanimous All-American. He specializes in kicks over 50 yards, making seven of nine attempts from 50-plus yards in 2016.

I would ... I would literally lose my poo if you use anything hire than a 6th round pick on a kicker in this deep ass draft.. I will throw a bag of poo at bank of america stadium in a drive by senario..

31 minutes ago, SCP said:

Not sure about drafting a kicker. That said, Jordan Rodrique does some f**king quality work. Always a great read when she hammers out an article.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

For a 20 something female in Charlotte for only months without Panther ties (to my knowledge), not bad.

Archived