• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers W-L Record by starting LT from 13-16

panther4life

Jordan Gross 12-4 (13 Season)

Michael Oher 16-3(15 + first 3 games of 16)

Byron Bell 7-8-1     (14 season)

Mike Remmers 5-8 (last 13 games of 2016)

Gross/Oher combined record 28-7(31-8 including postseason)

Bell/Remmers combined record 12-16-1. (13-17-1 including postseason)

Oddly enough Bell and Remmers started at RT for all of the snaps in our 2 winning seasons over the past 4 years.

Not exactly ground breaking or surprising news, but still interesting when you see it broken down like that. I really hope Matt Kalil turns out to be the solution here and allows us to finally have some consistency and dare I say it back to back winning seasons.

7 minutes ago, Castavar said:

You keep your star QB upright, you win. Who'd thunk it? Which has me thinking, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUG WAS GETTLEMAN THINKING HAVING BYRON FUGGIN BELL PROTECT THE BLINDSIDE OF OUR FRANCHISE QB?

IQSK4Qy.gif?noredirect

Left handed bro.

1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:

What are you talking about? 

How does an offense beat the 2nd best player on defense on a consistent basis ? LTs

Some of our fellow Huddlers devalued the tackle positon over the last couple of season being fixated only on defense. 

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

You keep your star QB upright, you win. Who'd thunk it? Which has me thinking, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUG WAS GETTLEMAN THINKING HAVING BYRON FUGGIN BELL PROTECT THE BLINDSIDE OF OUR FRANCHISE QB?

Exactly. However most of this forum insist on blaming Shula for everything and some are terrified he might find a way to hold us back from bouncing back this year. 

Theres some merit to pass protection and overall offensive line play being the biggest thing holding us back the past 4 years vs blaming Shula and this stat line supports that theory well. 

In our 2 winning seasons everything changed positional wise aside from Cam,Olsen, and to a lesser extent Tolbert and Ginn. So in other words Cam is good enough to carry a team with at least a decent back, Olsen and somewhat reliable starters at receiver, as long as his line can hold up long enough for him. This also means Shula isn't so bad that he will prevent us from doing well on offense.  

We literally had different starting guards and tackles at each position when we were forced to use Bell and Remmers at LT. In 13 our 2 top WR's were Smith and Lafell. Ginn was the third option behind them. Plus Williams got the bulk of the carries as Stewart spent most of the year hurt. 

The only thing that changed on offense from 2015 to 2016 where we saw a 9 win drop-off was the injury bug. We didn't lose a single receiver or starter at any other spot outside of offensive line until injuries started to hit. We actually should have been better since Benjamin was back. 

I am not sure picking a single position and looking at the team's record when certain players played there indicates very much.  We could probably look at other positions and get some fairly skewed stats.  

Record when we had a top 10 defense in 2013/15 was 28-4

Record when we had a not so good defense in 2014/2016 was 13-18-1.  The defense did get better in 2014 as the season went along, which was a big reason we made the playoffs.  

Archived