• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great article on Cam Newton

SCP

17 hours ago, motocross_cat said:

Had we had a defense worth a damn his rookie season its possible we could have won the whole damn thing.

After that the O as a unit went downhill fast.

It's certainly possible that squad could have, but we lacked that crucial playoff experience at that point as well.

Think about this. We hit a home run with Olsen. He has been Newton's go to guy through his career. After that, every receiver has left. Smith, Lafell, Ginn, Brown, the list goes on. We should have made it a top priority to obtain a WR for Cam to grow with the moment we drafted him. We failed. I just hope we can still get another shot with this group, I'm definitely optimistic.

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

the upside is that we got to see the extent of his natural talent. i think we are finally on the way to building that juggernaut offense, though. interior of the OL is truly stout and we've done work getting OT addressed, imo. oher didn't turn out all that well, but it was definitely a step in the right direction and before his brain turned to mush was doing pretty well. with matt kalil and moton on the other side, i think/really hope we might finally have  a group we can count on for a while few year.

KB is a good WR who hopefully can get back on the track he was prior to getting hurt. olsen is one of the top TEs in the league and then you add in the potential CMC and samuel bring and i feel really good about the direction. shula and rivera having a fire under their arses should help limit their inhibition (which,imo, has been the biggest obstacle to them being able to take this team over the top).

all this should have been done long ago, but then maybe we wouldn't have lucked out getting the CMC/Samuel combo which i think were the real missing pieces to making this the most lethal offense in the league and who i think will bring out the best in cam.

i'm just a little bit excited about getting those two on the field with cam, can you tell?

I'm with you for sure, this is the most excited I've been for an upcoming season.

I just wish it hadn't taken Newton playing through numerous key injuries throughout his first 6 seasons in the league for us to stop taking his athleticism that carried the load for our offense for granted. I think Rivera, as much as I like him, has been his own worst enemy for us in that regard. We have poured a hell of a lot of resources into our defense the last several years, and I can't help but wonder if we had put just a little more into the offense if that would have been enough for us to best a clearly struggling well past his prime Peyton Manning in SB50.

59 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Stop while I'm behind?

When you are the one who initially required a SB ring to enter the HoF then immediately started shifting the goalposts when I showed you you were wrong?

It hard to not be "behind" by your definition when you keep picking up those goalposts and running in the opposite direction.

In Dan Marino's first 6 years, he was responsible for 199 TDs, 103 interceptions, and 43 fumbles.  Cam?  184 TDs, 78 interceptions, and 38 fumbles.

They always are the minute you start getting owned, ain't they?

No, that's not how this works at all.  You gave off stats, that nobody looks at EVER.  People at total TD's.  Hence the reason Cam won MVP a few years ago.  Nobody gave a f uck about the s hit you just spewed off in your post.  

3 hours ago, TheRed said:

When you put all this in perspective you realize what a shame it is that our franchise squandered his early years by getting by on his natural talents as opposed to maximizing them by actually building a juggernaut of an offense via the draft. So much wasted.

THIS.

1 hour ago, nctarheel0619 said:

No, that's not how this works at all.  You gave off stats, that nobody looks at EVER.  People at total TD's.  Hence the reason Cam won MVP a few years ago.  Nobody gave a f uck about the s hit you just spewed off in your post.  

Now you're telling me, since I just gave you total TDs, that you don't "gave a f uck" about the statistic you specifically asked for.  Now that is one of the boldest goalpost moves I've ever seen.  Props to you for going big... lol.

I'll repeat it for you.  Maybe you just read slow.

In Dan Marino's first 6 years, he was responsible for 199 TDs.  Cam?  184 TDs.  That's a difference of 2.5 TDs per year.  Over six years, this small difference is what you like to refer to as "not touching Marino TD-wise".

But in Dan Marino's first 6 years, he was responsible for 103 interceptions, and 43 fumbles (146 total).  Cam?  78 interceptions and 38 fumbles (116 total).  That's a difference of 5 interception/fumbles per year.

So in Marino's first 6 years, he'd give you 2.5 TDs more per year than Cam, but he'd also give you 5 ints/fumbles more than Cam as well.  

But I'm sure you don'g "gave a f uck" about interceptions and fumbles, right Mr. Goalpost Mover?

41 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Now you're telling me, since I just gave you total TDs, that you don't "gave a f uck" about the statistic you specifically asked for.  Now that is one of the boldest goalpost moves I've ever seen.  Props to you for going big... lol.

I'll repeat it for you.  Maybe you just read slow.

In Dan Marino's first 6 years, he was responsible for 199 TDs.  Cam?  184 TDs.  That's a difference of 2.5 TDs per year.  Over six years, this small difference is what you like to refer to as "not touching Marino TD-wise".

But in Dan Marino's first 6 years, he was responsible for 103 interceptions, and 43 fumbles (146 total).  Cam?  78 interceptions and 38 fumbles (116 total).  That's a difference of 5 interception/fumbles per year.

So in Marino's first 6 years, he'd give you 2.5 TDs more per year than Cam, but he'd also give you 5 ints/fumbles more than Cam as well.  

But I'm sure you don'g "gave a f uck" about interceptions and fumbles, right Mr. Goalpost Mover?

the biggest argument against cam has to do with him not being a traditional QB and his stats not looking like a traditional top QB (and by that i mean where his TDs come from, they don't like to include his rushing ones). You can't do that and he won't be inducted into the HoF because of his traditional QB stats. He is like no other QB and will be judged accordingly. You have to take the whole package and production, regardless of how it comes. That's not to say his traditional QB stats should be over looked, they stand on their own (your comparison with that of a young dan marino....who never got a ring...shows just that), but with Cam the thing that he will be remembered and ultimately wear a gold jacket for is the whole package. He has done and can do things that no other QB or player in league history has done or come close to doing.

7 hours ago, Bytes said:

It's weird to me how people on this board think of Cam as this great passer. He is NOT!

However he is the a great duel threat QB!. That stated he needs to evolve if he is going to have a long career. 

did you read the article?

are you retarded?

12 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

did you read the article?

are you retarded?

Yes I read it. If you comprehended my post I was CLEARLY referring to people on this board who think he is a great passer. I didnt mention the article. So are yo stupid or what?

1 minute ago, Bytes said:

Yes I read it. If you comprehended my post I was CLEARLY referring to people on this board who think he is a great passer. I didnt mention the article. So are yo stupid or what?

strap your helmet back on and go read the article which clearly and in low syllable counts outlines cam's prolific passing stats over his first six years in the league

16 hours ago, TheRed said:

It's certainly possible that squad could have, but we lacked that crucial playoff experience at that point as well.

Think about this. We hit a home run with Olsen. He has been Newton's go to guy through his career. After that, every receiver has left. Smith, Lafell, Ginn, Brown, the list goes on. We should have made it a top priority to obtain a WR for Cam room grow with the moment we drafted him. We failed. I just hope we can still get another shot with this group, I'm definitely optimistic.

With rivera thinking defense would win mentality..they thought Cam would be enough him and Smitty and double trouble...didn't work that way..this is a passing league and you have to adjust..front 7 is nice but if the team is getting ball out quick it negates it.Our offense in the SB was slow and line not good on the right side..After loosing Smity we had no true threat...Benjamin is good but is slow. Ginn and Brown weak and small..they are no smity ..If Steve were here we would have had a 2015 SB. Imagine Smitty in Browns place during SB...the organization took a turn for worst on offense should have gotten a  replacement benji was not it or was not enough.

On 5/22/2017 at 11:10 PM, Bytes said:

Just to let you know, I'm compiling a film review of Cam as we speak. 

He looks like a damn good passer to me.

3 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Uh ohhhhhhhhhh...

You said "film".

Queue the pendants.  :P

How about 25 or so GIFs in All-22 view for your liking?

Oh, and you don't mind if I use your Dan Marino/Cam Newton stats, right?

Here's a taste.

592639388ab34_CamNewton21.gif.f3b80a727916f5a611471cbeaddd6255.gif

Archived