• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game of Thrones Season 7

Darth Biscuit

Good, and bad at the same time.

I still, to this minute, don't get the hunt for the wight, other than to magically give the NK a dragon....they had to know that Cersei wouldn't help them no matter what.

Jamie is still an idiot for sticking with his sister for so long, and now it seems that he is leaving only to have his place filled by Tyrian.  I fully expect him to betray Jon or Dany at some point.

Dany now has to kill Jon, or be content to rule together, which would be good for Westeros.

I can't see Dany sharing anything at this point, and maybe Tyrian is turning on her due to his fear of what she may/will become.

Arya had me worried last week that she and Sansa both were playing in the deep end, but they came around.

I don't think that Arya and Sansa were plotting, and scheming that well.

I do believe that Bran finally stepped up and explained what was going down with LF and Sansa vs. Arya, and told them of all the betrayals.

Need to watch it again and take some mental notes.

This is a passage from a prequel to the series, about ice dragons:

Its eyes were clear and deep and icy.

And when the ice dragon opened its great mouth, and exhaled, it was not fire that came streaming out, the burning sulfurous stink of lesser dragons. The ice dragon breathed cold.

Ice formed when it breathed. Warmth fled. Fires guttered and went out, shriven by the chill. Trees froze through to their slow secret souls, and their limbs turned brittle and cracked from their own weight.

Animals turned blue and whimpered and died, their eyes bulging and their skin covered over with frost.

The ice dragon breathed death into the world; death and quiet and cold.

That's not what zombie dragon breath seemed to look like, and I don't see this description tearing down the wall, but reinforcing it.  Zombie dragon seems to have something else.  These guys suggest its a blue flame:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/xww7pq/is-the-undead-dragon-on-game-of-thrones-spitting-dicyanoacetylene

It looked like fire to me, and it certainly wasn't cold.  If it is some kind of fire, that blows the whole theme to hell.  I hope they give some explanation of what it is in season 8.  So far, they have done a good job of making everything work.

58 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Jamie is still an idiot for sticking with his sister for so long, and now it seems that he is leaving only to have his place filled by Tyrian.  I fully expect him to betray Jon or Dany at some point.

They have been making Cersi show a lot of similarity to the mad king.  I wonder if Jamie will kill her, or if they end up killing each other.  He certainly doesn't see her in the same light as he did, even at the beginning of the season.  I can see Kingslayer having a repeat performance.

4 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

They have been making Cersi show a lot of similarity to the mad king.  I wonder if Jamie will kill her, or if they end up killing each other.  He certainly doesn't see her in the same light as he did, even at the beginning of the season.  I can see Kingslayer having a repeat performance.

I mentioned "queenslayer" at one point while I was watching it, but that is too predictable I think.  

Also noted that almost all of the Lannister colors have been changed to black....with Jamie's clothing the only that is still crimson.  Guess that was to signify that he is an "outsider" there now.

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I mentioned "queenslayer" at one point while I was watching it, but that is too predictable I think.  

Also noted that almost all of the Lannister colors have been changed to black....with Jamie's clothing the only that is still crimson.  Guess that was to signify that he is an "outsider" there now.

Yeah, it is to predictable, although the show has become more predictable as of late.  For example, the vale coming to the rescue of Jon and Sansa, or Arya/Sansa killing little finger, or Jon and Dany hooking up, or the ice dragon destroying the wall.  IMO, they should have thrown in some kind of twist such as Jaime getting killed, or perhaps he gets lucky and kills the mountain.

I wouldn't mind seeing Arya be the one who kills Cersei maybe with the face of Euron just as Euron and Cersei are about to hop into bed.  

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Yeah, it is to predictable, although the show has become more predictable as of late.  For example, the vale coming to the rescue of Jon and Sansa, or Arya/Sansa killing little finger, or Jon and Dany hooking up, or the ice dragon destroying the wall.  IMO, they should have thrown in some kind of twist such as Jaime getting killed, or perhaps he gets lucky and kills the mountain.

I wouldn't mind seeing Arya be the one who kills Cersei maybe with the face of Euron just as Euron and Cersei are about to hop into bed.  

When the writers took over the storylines, it got much more love story/hollywood than before...but maybe they are just running out of big characters, and we have a hellish war on the way that guarantees more main characters dying.

My first thought is that none of the Stark children need to go to Kings Landing until after Cersei is dead, but they may not have a choice....the NK is on his way to Winterfell, so they may have to escape South.

I may have missed it, but was Jamie taking the army and marching N, or was he just marching N on his own?

8 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

When the writers took over the storylines, it got much more love story/hollywood than before...but maybe they are just running out of big characters, and we have a hellish war on the way that guarantees more main characters dying.

My first thought is that none of the Stark children need to go to Kings Landing until after Cersei is dead, but they may not have a choice....the NK is on his way to Winterfell, so they may have to escape South.

I may have missed it, but was Jamie taking the army and marching N, or was he just marching N on his own?

I expect to see several major characters die next season.  Either Jon or Dany, or maybe both.  Sansa or perhaps Arya might perish.  Cersei will die, but might take Tyrion with her.  And a few of the slightly less important characters such as Jorah, the Hound, Greyworm, etc... But I think all those are somewhat predictable.  

The only one that I feel confident that will survive is Sam Tarly.  In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up killing the NK.  

Jaime certainly appeared to be on his own.  Maybe he catches up with Brienne at some point, but I don't think he will be bringing any Armies with him.  Unless he swings by the Twins, frees Edmure Tully and convinces him to allow what remains of the Riverrun forces north.  

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I expect to see several major characters die next season.  Either Jon or Dany, or maybe both.  Sansa or perhaps Arya might perish.  Cersei will die, but might take Tyrion with her.  And a few of the slightly less important characters such as Jorah, the Hound, Greyworm, etc... But I think all those are somewhat predictable.  

The only one that I feel confident that will survive is Sam Tarly.  In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up killing the NK.  

Jaime certainly appeared to be on his own.  Maybe he catches up with Brienne at some point, but I don't think he will be bringing any Armies with him.  Unless he swings by the Twins, frees Edmure Tully and convinces him to allow what remains of the Riverrun forces north.  

We keep hearing the word bittersweet.  That could take us many different directions for sure, but I could see Jon dying, along with most of the Stark children, and all of the Lannisters.  Leaving Dany in charge with Jons baby coming, and her land in tatters.

As to Jamie, you are probably right.  I wasn't sure if he was going to continue to lead his forces, or just flee from Cersei and try to be a better man than he has most of his life.  

Jamie's character is very confusing to me to be honest.

1 hour ago, Mother Grabber said:

This is a passage from a prequel to the series, about ice dragons:

That's not what zombie dragon breath seemed to look like, and I don't see this description tearing down the wall, but reinforcing it.  Zombie dragon seems to have something else.  These guys suggest its a blue flame:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/xww7pq/is-the-undead-dragon-on-game-of-thrones-spitting-dicyanoacetylene

It looked like fire to me, and it certainly wasn't cold.  If it is some kind of fire, that blows the whole theme to hell.  I hope they give some explanation of what it is in season 8.  So far, they have done a good job of making everything work.

It looked exactly like blue fire to me. That article is interesting though in that it explains a higher oxygen content and therefore hotter flame. But it could just be magic. Did you notice (only watched it once so far) but Viserion seemed to blow continuously. Obviously it doesn't need to breathe but his burst was continuous vs the living dragons gave mostly spurts. Could become a factor.

53 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The last conversation they had would lead me to believe that there is no way Jaimie could convince him to take his armies north to fight "the dead" and Edmund not think it's a trap. How could Jaimie convince him that he's left Cersei when he explained to him that she's the only thing that matters in this world to him? I like the idea, just not sure he could pull that off.

38 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

Just so I'm clear. That's the Army of the dead in the shape of the sigil for House Stark right?

Yeah, I don't see how it serves any purpose other than giving a hint to the fans. I can't imagine any practical purpose for Walkers to make that shape outside of the off chance there's a warg raven in the sky and somehow Bran is trying to alert someone.

Archived