• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Clayton out at ESPN

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

Classic case of not knowing your audience.  The typical ESPN viewer doesnt want to hear about politics and social issues either because they don't care or they are using sports as an outlet from the real world.   Also the screaming idiots make it difficult to digest any points they are even trying to make.

Agreed that the SC anchors are ill equipped to discuss complex topics intelligently - such as HB2 or Adam Jones vs the city of Boston or whatever.. sh*t, there are only a handful that are decent at breaking down X's and O's film - but that doesn't mean they shouldn't cover HB2 or Boston at all.. it would be a HUGE fug up on the media's part if they didn't cover those topics.. ESPN didn't cover the Eric Gardner case until LeBron wore the "I Can't Breathe" shirts at warm ups.. 

It might just be that there is tension all throughout the country right now and it is bleeding into all areas.. Because it ruffles a few people's feathers - the media should not say anything about it?? That would be grossly irresponsible.

I feel like people would not be complaining about politics as much if they were more traditional leaning because every time I hear them cite the people they want gone its the Michael's and Jemeles and never were people like  Danny Kannell(now gone) and Will Cain that talk just as much politics but happen to line up with more conservative views.

I don't know they future generation seems to love drama and politics mixed with their sports. I don't get it but thy do. And women do as well...why would ESPN invest in an older generation that is dying out? Also, the huddle eats up any drama and or politics regarding the Panther or Cam. It's the most popular topics when they do arise, especially during the offseason; not sure why the huddle is so butthurt about a business. It's what create viewers so I get it. 

I personlly don't watch any sports media or go to any of it online. The huddle is all and even this can be a bit much. Before he huddle I just watched games and enjoyed the sport for what it was. I miss those days. But I also needed answers about why our FO was so incompetent and learned a lot about my team signing up after the jake meltdown.

Archived