• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It

ladypanther

Fox used to say that Jake had It. I do not think that Jake has It anymore, and I don't think that Fox ever did.

John Fox has been a good coach at times. He has never looked like a great coach. Even during winning seasons there were a lot of frustrations. He has never been a smart game manager. Since the Del Rio year, the defense has been characterized by looking soft, playing not to lose rather than playing to win. There were moments that looked great but they did not last. They often look flat.

The team, on both sides of the ball is consistently inconsistent.

A coach who has It has team that is always prepared. They come to play. Lose a player...plug in another. Their teams are disciplined, tough, and play to win...for 4 quarters.

A coach who has It never says, "The other team practices too."

Its obvious what she's suggesting.

Its what anyone who has watched the team for years, including the Fox years knows, perhaps do not want to admit. To go the next level, change is needed.

If the goal is to either

a) be a consistent year end, year out winner; or

B) to look like a professional team against the big boys or

c) oh yeah, Safeties and TEs do matter and

d) teams that 'stand pat' in the NFL get passed by and

f) smart teams do not mortgage the entire team for one player and

g) smart teams do not give away #1 draft picks for a player that isn't an every down,

sure start, player and finally,

h) the NFL has become a QB driven League and to have some realistic chance at winning the Superbowl, the Panthers do not have the elite QB or a coach which would know what to do with an elite QB.

...so in short, for this year, nothing can be done, we have what we have, it is what it is, its just one game and the other team practices too.

Not meaning to put words in LP's mouth...

Its obvious what she's suggesting.

Its what anyone who has watched the team for years, including the Fox years knows, perhaps do not want to admit. To go the next level, change is needed.

If the goal is to either

a) be a consistent year end, year out winner; or

B) to look like a professional team against the big boys or

c) oh yeah, Safeties and TEs do matter and

d) teams that 'stand pat' in the NFL get passed by and

f) smart teams do not mortgage the entire team for one player and

g) smart teams do not give away #1 draft picks for a player that isn't an every down,

sure start, player and finally,

h) the NFL has become a QB driven League and to have some realistic chance at winning the Superbowl, the Panthers do not have the elite QB or a coach which would know what to do with an elite QB.

...so in short, for this year, nothing can be done, we have what we have, it is what it is, its just one game and the other team practices too.

Not meaning to put words in LP's mouth...

:yesnod:

Its sad you know. I remember Fox when he first got here, lean, mean, tough minded, spoke his truth.

Somewhere, along the way, that man is gone, and if not gone, he sure is doing a great job of hiding it.

He will never refresh what he does...its so bad that everyone in the stands, and the other teams know what he is going to call. I still remember the HS coach that called into the talk show with Hurney, and that's a sad comment that he could even spell out the tendencies.

We also have no idea what goes on with the whole dynamics of management.

Fox sure appears to be a good man, as does Jake, but, that's not the measurement on their year to year ratings.

Nothing would make me happier than John/Jake to pull things out; but, at some point, JR has to call a spade a spade and say 'next'.

For whoever the 'next' is, without draft choices next year, its really hard. I kept saying on here that we needed a franchise QB, they don't grow on trees; many said we need this or we need that, but, fact is now, without that strong-armed QB, and they are hard to find, its going to be bleak. Defenses are just to fast for a guy who isn't that mobile, or that quick to do his reads, and who can't throw a dart, but a dying quail that is a jump ball.

Again, Delhomme did good things here; but, I believe, sadly, his shelf-life is done as he requires 'perfect' to make plays and with the speed of the defenses today, 'perfect' just isn't going to exist anymore. He isn't the type of QB, without a running game that can just wing it and win, the defenses don't take him seriously, his tendencies too easy to read.

Well, Fox and Jake are millionaires now...and we keep paying the bills because we love football and hope.

The Panthers should win the next three games against pitiful teams, after that, well, things look pretty rough.

Great dog by the way, and a great Mae West quote.

Thanks. :)

I think everyone hopes for the best with the team and wants Fox and Jake to do well, I don't think that's a question; but, what is the Dr. Phil'ism: 'Cant change what you don't acknowledge'.

Yes.

These days, more than ever, I understand that "it is what it is." (Or maybe...what it is not).

I continue to support this team. But as it has been said, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Changes were needed long ago. As I think you said in another post, I believe John Fox is a good man, problably is a good friend. But either he coaches with fear, is stubborn, can't make adjustments, or all of the above. I am sure he wants to win....just seems like he is more afraid of losing. I have adjusted...my expectations.

Thanks. :)

Yes.

These days, more than ever, I understand that "it is what it is." (Or maybe...what it is not).

I continue to support this team. But as it has been said, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Changes were needed long ago. As I think you said in another post, I believe John Fox is a good man, problably is a good friend. But either he coaches with fear, is stubborn, can't make adjustments, or all of the above. I am sure he wants to win....just seems like he is more afraid of losing. I have adjusted...my expectations.

If you look up the definition of insanity, John Fox's picture would be right beside it. Even when his QB sh*ts the bed, he calls him up "You are my guy. Im sticking with you no matter if you stick it up next week, the week after, or the week after that." What is it with Fox's love fest for Jake? What does Jake have to do in order to be benched? I feel like if Jake kicked Fox in the balls, Fox would give him a pass and still say "He's our guy".

Then when asked about the QB situation again "I didn't even think that was a question". Really Fox? You really didn't think there was any question about Jake after he has shown over and over again that he is done? Then says "But if that needs to be clarified, yes, with a capital 'Y.'" Well Fox, keep up with your arrogant head up your ass ways. You're going to end up getting fired, with a capital 'F'.

Archived