• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How does a movie like CHiPs get made?

Jangler

16 hours ago, dos poptarts said:

Someone built a real Awesom-O 4000 and is using it in Hollywood to pitch ideas.

My Proof: Adam Sandler is still making movies (to be fair, I did enjoy the Cobbler)

yeah, I enjoyed The Cobbler also.

But this ChiPs movie, WTF????  This was pure poo! how does it it get 51% on Rotten Tomatoes?? has to be illegal money somewhere.

Millions and millions of books out there, with more being written each day, and yet Hollywood relies on reboots, remakes and re-imaginings of old TV shows. It's because Hollywood is illiterate. The fact that they can't read a script well enough to tell it is crap just further proves the point.

On 6/13/2017 at 3:10 PM, dos poptarts said:

Someone built a real Awesom-O 4000 and is using it in Hollywood to pitch ideas.

My Proof: Adam Sandler is still making movies (to be fair, I did enjoy the Cobbler)

top 10 Southpark Episode ever

On 6/14/2017 at 6:23 AM, Jangler said:

yeah, I enjoyed The Cobbler also.

But this ChiPs movie, WTF????  This was pure poo! how does it it get 51% on Rotten Tomatoes?? has to be illegal money somewhere.

Did you actually go see it / rent it? I knew from the trailer that it was trash. It actually has 51% of RT? I weep for the movie consumer.

While I agree, I don't know if this is really a new phenomenon.

I mean, some years back a group of movie executives put their heads together and collectively decided it would be a great idea to spend millions of dollars making movies built around Pauly Shore.

Disclaimer: Kinda always liked Jane Kaczmarek.

I rarely think about a bad movie once its over. But this one really has me up at nights.  (i work 3rd...) 

the biggest head scratch was Jane Kaczmarek"s 'nude scene' She was in the movie 2 seconds at the front, then you see a body double do a topples scene at the end. Was anybody clamoring to see her topless to begin with?

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

While I agree, I don't know if this is really a new phenomenon.

I mean, some years back a group of movie executives put their heads together and collectively decided it would be a great idea to spend millions of dollars making movies built around Pauly Shore.

A few years ago Jim Carrey wanted to do a Six Million Dollar Man movie, of course without the adjustment for inflation...But so many of these TV reboots have gone the comedic way, except for CHiPs, that the Six Billion Dollar Man would be the way to go now. Of the few shows for the 70s, I think it could be done, with the right people and no money laundering.

Archived