• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Introspective Cam Newton "My Prime Better Be Now"

Hogmolliesmaht

9 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Probably something that looks like a hybrid Coryell and WCO but with much simpler and shorter play calls. WCO is overly and unnecessarily complex in those areas.

Yeah I remember Terry Bradshaw going over one of Grudens play calls in the booth one day. Terry turned a 13 word call into 4. I believe it's the line protections and shifts that string everything out, where as other systems guys are just supposed to know these things. Plus ego centric OCs.....

27 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Well when we had the protection we had two years ago versus last year, it's called timing. You get comfortable. This happens to Matt Ryan, Brees, Manning, but they don't get thrown under the bus. Ryan has had some terrible lines and has looked completely laughable at times. 

They do, it just doesn't fit the narrative that the world is out to get my QB. The world is out to get all the QBs.

Atlanta's lines sucked until last season where everything clicked but Ryan definitely got some poo for playing poorly, specifically in 2015. 

Russell Wilson isn't black enough.

Manning got benched for friggin Brock Osweiler because he was falling apart. Dude definitely fell on the grenade in 2015 but came back and allowed his defense to lead him to a super bowl. 

Aaron Rodgers was getting crap in 2015 with his #1 receiver down for the year and he still managed to put up decent numbers. Wasn't up to his standard though so people were making a huge stink out of it. Plus he gets ragged on for not talking to his family and there's a running joke on the internet that he's secretly Gay. Dude gets plenty of unwarranted flack just because he's good. 

Cam receives more poo than any other QB in the league, hands down, with the vast majority unwarranted, but don't act like the other ones don't get it either. It's the nature of the position. They get all the accolades and all the blame.

1 minute ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Atlanta's lines sucked until last season where everything clicked but Ryan definitely got some poo for playing poorly, specifically in 2015. 

Morons on our board have been trying to trade Ryan for Jake Locker, Denver's 1st round pick last year, and numerous other players and picks since 2012. 

Every QB not named Tom Brady catches poo.....I've even seen Green Bay fans bitch about Rodgers. 

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Personally, I never felt we had the #1 offense. As a team, yes we scored the most points but if you take away the defensive/ST scores would we still have led the league in scoring? I think we were #2 or 3 in rushing yards per game, but what about passing yards/pg or total yards/pg? Or any stat that isnt bumped up from the defensive efforts? I think when we started saying we had the #1 offense that year we Panthers fans were kinda sensationalizing reality.

1 hour ago, csx said:

So he clearly states it but it's still all on Shula? Makes no sense.

He has said this a few years in a row now it seems. If he means it then it's time to do it.

The Shula haters will never admit that Cam has ever made a bad decision or threw a bad pass on a good play call. They simply won't do it.

4 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Personally, I never felt we had the #1 offense. As a team, yes we scored the most points but if you take away the defensive/ST scores would we still have led the league in scoring? I think we were #2 or 3 in rushing yards per game, but what about passing yards/pg or total yards/pg? Or any stat that isnt bumped up from the defensive efforts? I think when we started saying we had the #1 offense that year we Panthers fans were kinda sensationalizing reality.

Same with me.  It was never number 1 offense vs number 1 defense in the Super Bowl to me.  

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Film shows deep passes on near every play. Article coming up soon showing how Cam's situation was rough.

And Cam said he needs to learn to have trust and faith in others to make plays.  A logical take away from that is that he needs to find the outlet more. I know that's an interpretation but it's a reasonable one.

The offense stopped using the RB as a receiver as much as soon as they allowed Cam more flexibility. Audibles and check downs are on him.

6 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

The Shula haters will never admit that Cam has ever made a bad decision or threw a bad pass on a good play call. They simply won't do it.

It would be nice to have a reasonable logical discussion but it's pretty clear where this will go. .......and it's the fault of people who take hard line stances on either side.

42 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Of course Cam has made bad decisions and bad throws. Don't be ridiculous.

Cam Newton won an MVP while Shula barely got a second glance as a potential HC candidate. That pretty much says everything right there.

44 minutes ago, csx said:

It would be nice to have a reasonable logical discussion but it's pretty clear where this will go. .......and it's the fault of people who take hard line stances on either side.

Surely you can't be saying it's a combination of the two plus other factors!?!? That's un-internet.

Archived