• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney Press conference at 2pm

Johnny Rockets

Marty Hurney said he believes his ability to communicate with players is one of his strengths.

"When emotional part takes over that is not good." -- Hurney. He was talking about mistakes he made in his first time around as GM.

Hurney said biggest thing is making sure analytical part of his brain works the emotional part of his thinking.

Marty Hurney: I want the analytical part of my brain to take over the emotional part of my brain. Some mistakes may have been due to that.

He may be an interim, but Richardson is trusting Hurney to make decisions that will impact the long term. "That's the only way I can do it."

Ron Rivera is standing at the side of the room nodding along with everything Hurney is saying

DFHgdlNXsAUygMz.jpg:large

Hurney feels he has the trust from Jerry Richardson to make both short and long term decisions for team (including contracts)

Hurney made it clear he is here on an interim basis. Will help in hiring process of new GM after the season is compete.

Hurney: I'm here in interim role and I'm here to win games.

Hurney said he didn't talk a lot to Jerry Richardson after he left the team. But said it was like reuniting with an old friend.

Hurney gives props to Dave Gettleman for what he says was a "terrific job".

Hurney: Dave Gettleman did a terrific job and I have never lost the pride in this organization.

Just now, Captain Morgan said:

He may be an interim, but Richardson is trusting Hurney to make decisions that will impact the long term. "That's the only way I can do it."

Hurney feels he has the trust from Jerry Richardson to make both short and long term decisions for team (including contracts)

Jesus Christ why.

Archived