• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trai Turner Contract Details: Panthers gave Trai Turner a 4-year $45M extension, including $20.5M gtd averaging $11.25 per year

Saca312

1 minute ago, Car123 said:

If we waited longer keeping Trai would be more costly. 2017 could be his best season.

I dont necessarily mean we would have waited until the season was over.. I just want to know if Hurney sweetened the deal at all to get it done sooner than later.. and did he need to do that?

I just like that DG was tough in negotiations, and i hope that Hurney learned to be tougher than he was before.

5 minutes ago, EightyNine said:

Yeah, but that doesn't answer my question.  Very little doesn't mean nothing at all.. Would it have gotten done this soon if DG was still our GM?

the fact that he wasn't signed up until DG's firing and we're only a week away from training camp shows Hurney had a lot to do with it. You don't hear of many signings this late in the off season aside from rookie contracts

2 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

the fact that he wasn't signed up until DG's firing and we're only a week away from training camp shows Hurney had a lot to do with it. You don't hear of many signings this late in the off season aside from rookie contracts

That's simply not true.

Luke Keuchly signed his extension in September, for reference-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000524964/article/luke-kuechly-signs-62m-extension-with-panthers

----

1 minute ago, mjligon said:

That's simply not true.

Luke Keuchly signed his extension in September, for reference-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000524964/article/luke-kuechly-signs-62m-extension-with-panthers

----

i'm not saying it never happens, but it's less likely this time a year, meaning Trai should have happened a few months ago if both sides were relatively close. 

Just now, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

i'm not saying it never happens, but it's less likely this time a year, meaning Trai should have happened a few months ago if both sides were relatively close. 

If we're being nitpicky, Trai should have been done last year.

But either way glad it's done now.

Archived