• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New to Soccer

VGcollector

8 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Real Madrid. The Kings of Kings. Current defending champions of the World (back to back).

If I could describe their style, it's hard to say. One of the reasons Real has won the UCL trophy 3 out of the last 4 years is because they can play both heavy possession ball and counter attack amongst the best teams of all time. When you got Kroos, Modric, Isco, Asensio, Kovacic, Casemiro, Llorente and Ceballos in the midfield, you can adapt to virtually any style.

P.S - Cristiano Ronaldo is a legend. No one is more clutch than that demigod.

As for other leagues, I'm a fan of the Bundesliga too. I cheer for Dortmund. I don't know how it started but I like cheering for them instead of just submitting to the ever so popular Bayern.

Probably FIFA. That's how most people get introduced to Dortmund due to their kits/team speed in the game. I won't lie.... I originally started watching Dortmund years ago, because I loved using them in FIFA. 

RM I started supporting seriously after Zidane (favorite player of all time) moved there in 2001. 

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

First pick another team but not Tott or Man United.   Cant go wrong with Real they are super rich and are winning trophies constantly.  My 2 cents

Tott and Arsenal are boring, plotting teams.  Always have been.  Be warned.

Arsenal is not boring...  some of the prettiest soccer in the world.  Your team finished 10th 2 seasons ago and lost to Burnley at home in Saturday.   Psssshhhtttt

Great, thanks for the insight. I'm probably gonna stick to being a arsenal fan. Like most people i know, soccer wasn't the big sport we rooted for and many didnt have teams. But one reason i choose to have one is because i want to have a favorite sports team for each sport. For multiple reasons thats a goal. I saw joey bada$$ rep a jacket once and thought it looked dope. So i started looking up the team. I feel like man united is to popular a team also. Someone how i got lucky that all the teams i root for whether it be the panthers, hornets, and Rockies are all younger then me ha. Also they all are usually above average with a few seasons where they dominated and came close to (except colorado). They all seem to be on the rise though now thankfully. It gets hard sometimes defending them against popular teams that have more wins.

Any of the top 6 except for United is acceptable to pull for. Spurs are about to enter a major downswing though in my opinion because they refuse to sign anyone and all of their players make about half as much as they're worth. They'll accept that as long as they're winning trophies but as soon as they stop that team will explode.

Supporting United is basically supporting the Cowboys. In fact I'm willing to bet 100% of American United supporters support the Cowboys and Yankees and Cavs/Warriors. "I don't really watch any games but I've heard of them so I'm a diehard."

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2017 at 7:44 PM, rodeo said:

Any of the top 6 except for United is acceptable to pull for. Spurs are about to enter a major downswing though in my opinion because they refuse to sign anyone and all of their players make about half as much as they're worth. They'll accept that as long as they're winning trophies but as soon as they stop that team will explode.

Supporting United is basically supporting the Cowboys. In fact I'm willing to bet 100% of American United supporters support the Cowboys and Yankees and Cavs/Warriors. "I don't really watch any games but I've heard of them so I'm a diehard."

Unfortunately (so far), my United fanhood has come tethered with a Falcons counterpart. Came by it honestly (dad is a huge fan) though, so I suppose I'm in the minority and you're still probably pretty much spot on in aggregate.

I will say, United's relative lack of success since Fergie left has made it slightly less gauche to pick them up without any sort of connection to the club or city. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, PandaPancake said:

I wish they'd stop fuging singing or digitally remove it. It's tough to hear the commentators

Lots of American channels don't have the blend quite right. And anyways, once you watch enough, it's kind of pleasant white noise. 

Why the hell would you want to hear the commentators? They're some of the most blindly biased people around futbol that you will ever hear, and if it's not their team, they just go full snarky for an hour and a half.

Personally, I love hearing the singing, noise, etc. It's no different to me than our "Keep Pounding" heard sometimes on the TV. Every time I hear both, I get a huge sense of pride in my fanbase knowing that, even though I can't be there, we're still representing. I think it's awesome.

Archived