• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston doing what he does best.....

B_Eazi

30 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Boston isn't a very good safety, but he's a better safety than any of our backups and we had him on the roster and let him go for nothing in return.

That's how it works in the NFL.  We had a player we were ending our business relationship with. 

No team would have given us anything for  him. 

So he gets cut.

40 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Boston isn't a very good safety, but he's a better safety than any of our backups and we had him on the roster and let him go for nothing in return.

Both Southward and McCray arguably look better than Boston. We got "nothing in return," because if you're really honest, Boston should never have been drafted. 

17 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

That's how it works in the NFL.  We had a player we were ending our business relationship with. 

No team would have given us anything for  him. 

So he gets cut.

I would've understood if we'd actually made moves to address our safety depth. We didn't. It just seemed like a Gettleman policy that once you're given an opportunity to earn a starting role if you don't work out in that role you're gone, there's no opportunity to return to a reserve role.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would've understood if we'd actually made moves to address our safety depth. We didn't. It just seemed like a Gettleman policy that once you're given an opportunity to earn a starting role if you don't work out in that role you're gone, there's no opportunity to return to a reserve role.

Pretty sure Boston would want an opportunity to be a starter elsewhere, before accepting a reserve role. 

Marlow was promising if he could have stayed healthy.

6 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Pretty sure Boston would want an opportunity to be a starter elsewhere, before accepting a reserve role. 

Marlow was promising if he could have stayed healthy.

I get it, but no one was going to offer Boston an opportunity to stroll in and be an unchallenged starter from day one. The best he could do was a one year prove it contract. Plus, he was already under contract here so it's not like he would've had a choice in the matter.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I get it, but no one was going to offer Boston an opportunity to stroll in and be an unchallenged starter from day one. The best he could do was a one year prove it contract. Plus, he was already under contract here so it's not like he would've had a choice in the matter.

I'm guessing Dave put it to Boston something like this.

Dave; So Tre, Ron and I were thinking that you should be relegated to being a backup based on your play so far.  I'm thinking that you should be compensated at the backup salary.

Tre; Man fug that!

Dave;  Thank you for service but it is no longer needed.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm guessing Dave put it to Boston something like this.

Dave; So Tre, Ron and I were thinking that you should be relegated to being a backup based on your play so far.  I'm thinking that you should be compensated at the backup salary.

Tre; Man fug that!

Dave;  Thank you for service but it is no longer needed.

I'm honestly not sure if his contract was negotiable. He hit an escalator in his rookie contract based on playing time that doubled his salary. Not sure how it works with something like that in terms of whether or not that piece is negotiable per the CBA.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm honestly not sure if his contract was negotiable. He hit an escalator in his rookie contract based on playing time that doubled his salary. Not sure how it works with something like that in terms of whether or not that piece is negotiable per the CBA.

I'm not sure either.  I was really just making a joke...granted a poor attempt at one but a joke non the less.

Archived