• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriots Have Released DE Kony Ealy - Claimed By NYJ

bobsfoodbasics

It's completely hysterical that the national reaction to the trade was Belichick robbing the hell out of Gettleman when it was clear as day that if we didn't trade him we would've released him anyways. Gettlemagic for moving up into the 2nd and ensuring we got Moton. 

19 minutes ago, Millioso7 said:

Logic tells me because he was release and we can sign him for next to nothing and continue to develope him keeping what we already received from the pats it's a no brainer to bring him back under these conditions but what do I know..

We were going to cut him anyways. We were giving up on waiting for him to develop and just cutting ties early. Probably also tired of him being a locker room cancer to a degree without a good work effort and giving up on plays, etc. Not sure we want that back, and it was likely a Rivera move. But I suppose there's a better chance of us bringing him back since DG (the one who traded him) isn't here and Hurney is.

21 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Landry's overrated, but the other guys are fair points.

For us, he would've been worth it had we won SB50. But then again, he was never good long term, so I'd say he's a bust.

But Gettleman was the one who first realized that and fleeced Bellicheck. Very few people have ever done that.

Both Gettleman and Hurney f*ckd up on their chances to take care of the 2nd WR position. 

Both guys couldn't have had the draft go any better for them and they pissed it away. 

Hurney with his Amini over Alshon pick in the 2nd round and then Gettleman with his Ealy pick. Both of these aren't "hindsight is 20/20" cases either. These both should have been no brainers that would've finally given us that 2nd WR.

9 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

We were going to cut him anyways. We were giving up on waiting for him to develop and just cutting ties early. Probably also tired of him being a locker room cancer to a degree without a good work effort and giving up on plays, etc. Not sure we want that back, and it was likely a Rivera move. But I suppose there's a better chance of us bringing him back since DG (the one who traded him) isn't here and Hurney is.

Idk he was a locker room cancer hmmm:thinking:

Just going to throw this out there:

Would you rather have Horton or Ealy?

When we cut Horton we held onto Ealy. We've cut Horton twice if I remember correctly. Ealy would be cheap, Peppers could help, Ealy obviously has some talent. 

I'm not advocating...just throwing it out there...well because...Huddle

Archived