• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriots Have Released DE Kony Ealy - Claimed By NYJ

bobsfoodbasics

3 hours ago, Montsta said:

Panthers got over on Belichek don't be bitter primo. 

Bitter? I don't recall being the first to bring up Gettleman in this thread. Some people need a reminder we jumped up 8 spots in the draft, whoop dee doo...

New England dropped 8 spots to take a shot on addressing a position of need while we moved up 8 spots while wasting a once 2nd round pick on a guy who was going to get cut. 

We loss a lot more in terms of value by drafting Ealy with the 60th pick back in 14 than BB did dropping 8 spots in this trade. 

10 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Bitter? I don't recall being the first to bring up Gettleman in this thread. Some people need a reminder we jumped up 8 spots in the draft, whoop dee doo...

New England dropped 8 spots to take a shot on addressing a position of need while we moved up 8 spots while wasting a once 2nd round pick on a guy who was going to get cut. 

We loss a lot more in terms of value by drafting Ealy with the 60th pick back in 14 than BB did dropping 8 spots in this trade. 

Took the #60 pick who would have been the SB MVP had we won, and used him to move up from #72 to #64 to select an OT that we have been screaming for since Gross retired (and Ealy ends up being released).

What exactly did the Patriots get in that trade? Derek Rivers who is out for the season already?

4 minutes ago, Icege said:

Took the #60 pick who would have been the SB MVP had we won, and used him to move up from #72 to #64 to select an OT that we have been screaming for since Gross retired (and Ealy ends up being released).

What exactly did the Patriots get in that trade? Derek Rivers who is out for the season already?

Uh yes, the Pats again tried addressing their need at DE with Rivers. If him getting hurt is somehow their fault then I guess we could revisit how we spent a 1st rounder last year on a guy who has been injury plagued.

The people like yourself that keep bringing up the SB as a defence of Ealy really need to open their eyes and see the bigger 3 year picture vs one freaking game. Then again, you're also justifying jumping up 8 spots while wasting a 2nd rounder, big picture isn't exactly this fan bases strong suit. I guess if we can't win the big things let's celebrate the small things? Panthers fans mentality 

15 hours ago, top dawg said:

Bottom line: G-man fuged us with the Ealy pick. 

Robinson > Ealy

Landry > Ealy

I don't see how anyone can argue with that. 

Nobody knew that beforehand. You can play this absurd game with nearly every pick of every draft.

30 minutes ago, csx said:

Nobody knew that beforehand. You can play this absurd game with nearly every pick of every draft.

So if Carolina took Blaine Gabbert 1st overall instead of Cam you'd say well "nobody knew that beforehand"... brilliant.

Not sure if you know but these guys get paid A LOT of money to know these very things.

And by this logic you could NEVER fault Hurney for any draft mishap

Archived