• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The argument for Cole Luke

rmoneyg35

Cole Luke has received a lot of attention this offseason from the media and coaches. Because of injuries to Corn Elder and James Bradberry in training camp Luke was able to get more snaps than he would have otherwise.

last night was the most important of his career. If he failed he wouldn't make the team. He started out by giving up a TD  to Justin Hunter but finished strong with the second highest PFF score of the team with 83.1. So was that good enough to make the team or was the TD enough reason to cut him?

some arguments to keep him are that he can play both safety and CB. We lack depth at both positions and being able to play both and save a roster spot is very important.  He is young and has time to hone his craft. He doesn't lack size with his 5'11 200lb frame.

some negatives are that he lacks experience. His measurables were horrible, he had 40 time of 4.62, lacked wing span and strength and would have ranked in the bottom tier had he went to the NFL combine. We have an experienced CB that has played well this Preseason, Zach Sanchez has proved himself enough to make the roster but is he above Cole in the coaches eyes?

What do you think of Luke Cole and his chances of making the team?

3 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Sanchez has looked damn good in the last two weeks though. Maybe he's just a late bloomer. This is only year 2 for him.

I swore I thought his knee looked like it bent wrongly. So it was groin injury instead of knee?

4 minutes ago, ecu88 said:

I swore I thought his knee looked like it bent wrongly. So it was groin injury instead of knee?

Yeah it was groin I heard. Looked like a groin to me and he was grabbing at it while walking off the field. Apparently, it's minor though.

1 minute ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I don't know about the injury. I was just commenting on his play.

Yeah I was hoping someone had more info. I saw a comment earlier on groin but that knee just didn't look right. Could have been camera angle last night. But Sanchez has seem like he is taken well to instruction and mentoring. He looked a lot better than earlier TC and last season. I agree the light might have flickered on.

37 minutes ago, ecu88 said:

Yeah I was hoping someone had more info. I saw a comment earlier on groin but that knee just didn't look right. Could have been camera angle last night. But Sanchez has seem like he is taken well to instruction and mentoring. He looked a lot better than earlier TC and last season. I agree the light might have flickered on.

I didn't even know he was injured.

the extent of his injury could determine his spot on the roster.

honestly I think because of his versatility he has a good chance to make the roster.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

At minimum he is an upgrade over Sanchez. 

That isn't saying much, but... 

Sanchez last year? Yep. Sanchez this preseason? Nope. Kid has been balling out. 

And watching draft bust Justin Hunter jog past a sprinting Cole Luke for a touchdown was embarrassing.

2 hours ago, XClown1986 said:

Sanchez last year? Yep. Sanchez this preseason? Nope. Kid has been balling out. 

And watching draft bust Justin Hunter jog past a sprinting Cole Luke for a touchdown was embarrassing.

Well to be fair hunter has a 4.4 40 time and our defensive line wasn't getting any pressure.

Archived