• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have Jerry Richardson to "thank"

Mark S

1 minute ago, Mark S said:

Even if we play well this season, what is there to say about the future of this team? I have zero faith in any long term decisions made by Hurney. 

Even more reason to enjoy this season as one with great promise for a Superbowl.

That's what I plan on doing anyways 

In fairness to DG, none of us could have predicted that the league response to Cam Newton's incredible MVP season would be to let the opposition beat the ever-living fug out of him with no penalty Flags whatsoever.  As long as the games are refed that way Cam Newton becomes almost a marginalized player, effectively neutralizing our greatest asset

11 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Unfortunately things will never change. Our fan base is a very passive fan base for the most part. Charlotte isn't like the northeast when it comes to passion for pro teams. And you can forget the media, every single WFNZ personality and Observer writer would get eaten alive in New York or Philly. They refuse to be negative and rather gain easy access to the franchise opposed to doing their job.

Unfortunatley there aren't many people willing to hold Jerry accountable. The way the Gettleman news was covered was one of the most disgraceful things I've ever seen. Joe Person and David Newton could not have been more useless. Jordan Roudrigue, for the amount of love she gets on these boards, avoided mentioning Jerry's name like it was the plague.

We just need to be patient and hope our next owner will be better. He honestly couldn't possibly have a lower bar set.

It's not fair to the fans to be patient with this team. There is too much transcendental talent to just let it all go to waste. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Even more reason to enjoy this season as one with great promise for a Superbowl.

It's kinda like knowing you'll get an A on your next test because your friend gave you all the answers but deep down you know you have no shot of passing the entire class. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

You know how Coaches and Players say they take it one game at a time. Well I don't quite go that far, but I do take it one season at a time. I don't think about what is going to happen in 2018 or 2019  while we are in 2017. Hell there are so many things that could happen in that time frame. 

1 minute ago, Mark S said:

It's not fair to the fans to be patient with this team. There is too much transcendental talent to just let it all go to waste. 

Which Gettleman was doing the last 4 years.

Gettleman walked into a situation where he had a once in a generation type talent at QB entering his 3rd season and one of the best young middle linebackers in the league. He had a very solid core to work with and yet he failed to bring in a few pieces to surround the core to earn back to back winning seasons.

Do you know how pathetic that is? We have Devin f*cking Funchess as our 2nd WR. Cam carried this offense to a SB that had Philly Brown as one of the regular WR's, Philly Brown can't even make the freaking Buffalo Bills!

Now again, I don't want Hurney here but we deserve A LOT better than Dave Gettleman who always seemed content going halfway in and if we won cool, if not whatever. 2015 was special, and Gettleman's big add was a 57 year old Jared Allen? Do we need to go over what we had a WR again that year?

This team's greatest weapon is Cam Newton. This organizations goal every year should be finding the best WR's to put around him and sit back and watch. They are making it way more complicated than it has to be. And stop with the whole Gettleman and building for the future bs, the fat man just overspent on Captain Munnerlyn and signed Peppers and Mike Adams. 

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Which Gettleman was doing the last 4 years.

Gettleman walked into a situation where he had a once in a generation type talent at QB entering his 3rd season and one of the best young middle linebackers in the league. He had a very solid core to work with and yet he failed to bring in a few pieces to surround the core to earn back to back winning seasons.

Do you know how pathetic that is? We have Devin f*cking Funchess as our 2nd WR. Cam carried this offense to a SB that had Philly Brown as one of the regular WR's, Philly Brown can't even make the freaking Buffalo Bills!

Now again, I don't want Hurney here but we deserve A LOT better than Dave Gettleman who always seemed content going halfway in and if we won cool, if not whatever. 2015 was special, and Gettleman's big add was a 57 year old Jared Allen? Do we need to go over what we had a WR again that year?

This team's greatest weapon is Cam Newton. This organizations goal every year should be finding the best WR's to put around him and sit back and watch. They are making it way more complicated than it has to be. And stop with the whole Gettleman and building for the future bs, the fat man just overspent on Captain Munnerlyn and signed Peppers and Mike Adams. 

Lol ok

17 minutes ago, Cats Pride said:

I really don't want to burn bridges because I just joined here, but you are correct and this is not the sort of thing I really expected to see a lot of when I joined. Hell I have seen pretty much mostly negative talk about the team instead of positive talk. I understand that fans get frustrated over things and that is fine, but this is our team like it or leave it. Many of you may not like what I just said but it is the way I feel. I may not like every move the team makes, but in the end I am 100% behind them and always will be. So like me or not for speaking my opinion that is the way I feel as a fan of the team I love.

Unfortunately, that's what this place has become. You should've been around a few years ago, it was a lot more fun. Come on here on game day after a loss, it's unbelievable!

But anyway... Welcome aboard!!! :)

3 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

cant think of another business owner who would allow their GM to crash the business, then fire that GM... then hire that same GM again...

It was the easiest route...which is disturbing.  That there is literally NO talk of interviewing other GMs is scary to be honest.

Archived