• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luuuuuuuke May and Joel Berry Pounding the Drum This Sunday

Burnout189

2 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

Peppers & Munnerlyn would have been a better choice for the home opener. The UNC/So.Carolina combo would be fine for any other game, but the first, like mjilgon said.... we should have more firepower. 

Edit:  Wait a minute.... UNC ... South Carolina... Hmmmm, maybe there's more to this choice than meets the eye. #Overthinking

Could be the Heel PR machine that's already spent over $10 million trying to deflect or combat the Committee on Infractions that met last month regarding the most egregious, longest lasting (fraud) scandal in American sports history.

1 hour ago, Nails said:

Could be the Heel PR machine that's already spent over $10 million trying to deflect or combat the Committee on Infractions that met last month regarding the most egregious, longest lasting (fraud) scandal in American sports history.

I smell dook 

:poo:

10 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

I smell dook 

:poo:

Nah, that reeks of the type of pathetic state fandom, when all you have left is to try to tear others down because the apathy of resigning yourself to forever sucking has fully set in. 

Meanwhile, I just hope these don't hamper Joel's and Luke's swings too much tomorrow. 

DJTSItsVAAAUUGv?format=jpg

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nah, that reeks of the type of pathetic state fandom, when all you have left is to try to tear others down because the apathy of resigning yourself to forever sucking has fully set in. 

Meanwhile, I just hope these don't hamper Joel's and Luke's swings too much tomorrow. 

DJTSItsVAAAUUGv?format=jpg

Neither.  I'm an alum of a non-ACC or Carolinas school that's won multiple national titles in multiple sports.  Even casual observers from sea to shining sea know that the sanctity of amateur athletics and fair play are hanging by a thread and are in the balance with this upcoming ruling.

4 minutes ago, Nails said:

Neither.  I'm an alum of a non-ACC or Carolinas school that's won multiple national titles in multiple sports.  Even casual observers from sea to shining sea know that the sanctity of amateur athletics and fair play are hanging by a thread and are in the balance with this upcoming ruling.

The sanctity of amateur athletics has been a myth for a long time now. Hell, this one is very minor compared to some of the previous ones involving impermissible benefits since that cuts right to the heart of the very definition of "amateur". It's been shown time and time again that this wasn't something that involved just athletes.

3 hours ago, bull123 said:

nothing lackluster about National Champions

peppers left us and came back...while great to have him back, still not a true Panther

How the hell is Pep not a true Panther? So what if he left and came back.  So the only true panthers are those that we drafted, stayed with us their entire career then retire? How many of them are there?  Pep is one of our first superstars and probably the best player ever drafted by the panthers. He is and will always be a true Panther imo

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The sanctity of amateur athletics has been a myth for a long time now. Hell, this one is very minor compared to some of the previous ones involving impermissible benefits since that cuts right to the heart of the very definition of "amateur". It's been shown time and time again that this wasn't something that involved just athletes.

Thousands of students and/or athletes spanning decades.  Five level 1 violations which will either be paid for by a university that allowed this to fester or by a system that allows the university to allow this to fester.  Do not doubt that there are many eyeballs on this and that not hammering Chapel Hill would accelerate the NCAA's demise to oblivion.

24 minutes ago, Nails said:

Thousands of students and/or athletes spanning decades.  Five level 1 violations which will either be paid for by a university that allowed this to fester or by a system that allows the university to allow this to fester.  Do not doubt that there are many eyeballs on this and that not hammering Chapel Hill would accelerate the NCAA's demise to oblivion.

Thousands of students, yes. Thousands of athletes, almost certainly no. Like I said, it wasn't an athletics issue. It was an academic oversight issue which is honestly more embarrassing for the university than an athletics issue. 

Archived