• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Enough Doom and Gloom - JAX/CAR 2015

crowntownpanther

I get it.  Today sucked.  Let's rewind real quick.  2015/16 - a season that will be historic for this team.  A second Super Bowl appearance.  An MVP performance from Cam.  A near week one loss to Jacksonville.  

If you don't remember:  We won 20-9 in a game that looked a lot closer than that in our first game that year.  The only reason the scoreboard appears to be so heavily in our favor was Josh Norman's pick 6.  Luke went out with a concussion.  Things didn't look good for most of the game.  Around here (the huddle), we were destined for mediocrity and chasing the playoffs.  We ended up 15-1 and in the Super Bowl. 

My point is chill the **** out.  We have an offense that is still learning to gel with a rookie RB/WR and a QB coming off surgery.  We have a proven defense that is seriously scary.  Worley and Bradberry deserve a thread of their own, phenomenal.  We're 2-0.  

Sweet Caroline.  

3 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i'm excited and optimistic even with olsen out but i really truly am not convinced we can overcome our own offensive coordinator

Just curious...how would you and other people have felt if Cam had not overthrown simple passes to CMC and Dickson for TD's?  We can't keep missing plays like those that are basic gimme's.  

I get all the Shula hate, hell every fanbase does this...hell we did it on our way to the Superbowl.  But fuging up simple gimme plays like the ones I mentioned (and there are others) will undo us more than any of Shula's playcalling.

2 minutes ago, stankowalski said:

Just curious...how would you and other people have felt if Cam had not overthrown simple passes to CMC and Dickson for TD's?  We can't keep missing plays like those that are basic gimme's.  

I get all the Shula hate, hell every fanbase does this...hell we did it on our way to the Superbowl.  But fuging up simple gimme plays like the ones I mentioned (and there are others) will undo us more than any of Shula's playcalling.

Well said.  Shula is, and always will be, a limiting factor.  But in spite of that we won and the score should have been 23-9.  My point is today was about as bad as I see it getting, between bad playcalling, poor execution, and injuries, and we won.  I know it was the bills, but it's theNFL, and no game is a gimme.

14 minutes ago, stankowalski said:

cam was awful today. he can and will settle down.

shula is a known quantity. he is a turd.

11 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

mccaffrey is averaging below 3 yards per carry, Cam's still having accuracy problems, and the oline is regressing again. Defense wont bail us out every game and it might take a sound beating from the Patriots  for them to finally pull their heads out of their asses.

See here is where I think Shula playcalling sucks.  He doesn't get that he isn't running a Tom Brady/Drew Brees/MattRyan type offense.  In certain situations he is a perfectly adequate playcaller, but he does not have the creativity to figure out how to make Cam, CMC, stew, two massive receivers, and two fast receivers work together to create what I see as an impossible number of combinations happen.  It's a shame, because the possibilities are endless and would be so much fun to watch.

Archived