• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hard Managerial decisions on the horizon

Gin and Juice

I'm all for avoiding knee jerk, over reactionary decision making, however, from what I saw from section 133, something is majorly wrong with our football team. It goes beyond poor execution, missed tackles, and turnovers. It's the lack of passion and leadership. 

For the offense, it all starts with Cam and he had the body language of someone that wanted to be somewhere else today. I really want to believe that his "disengagement" from the game is tied to injuries and knowing he can't be the "game changing" athlete he was in 2015. The last few games looks as if he is only in the game to be an effective game manager. The opening offensive series was purely about establishing the run game and once it became obvious that we needed Cam to give us a shot at winning....we were doomed!

So, are Cam's woes mental or physical? Is he being asked to play as he continues to heal? Obviously that will not work! If we are playing him at this point, just to be an effective game manager, that's not the smartest choice either! 

At what point does our staff pull the plug on him being on the field and allow him to return to a 100%? Will he ever be 100% again? His biggest attribute of evading the pocket to extend plays and make something out of nothing has disappeared compared to the amount of plays in the past that he relied upon that skill set. 

Matt Kalil can't do crap right unless his brother is on the field with him apparently! Gman had that contract drawn up to allow for easy exit on our behalf if the experiment failed. If Ryan being on the field determines Matt's success then it's failed! 

Poor Samuel's looks lost half the time! He is a rook so he gets the nod of time to improve.

As far as the defense, I'm holding Wilks accountable for today's game! However, that was definitely a unit as a whole and Davis getting smoked early set the tone!

Its a very bad time to have an "interim" GM! At minimum, I feel this team owes it to Cam to IR him and let him heal completely if he delivers another performance of this caliber. Even worse, is having to make the unpopular decisions surrounding "life without Cam" preparation. I personally feel like the next GM needs to invest a high pick in a QB in the next draft. 

The problem is complacency with this coaching staff. Complacency leads to lackluster production. Shula should've been gone last offseason and Rivera should've been fired this past offseason. No matter how much they fug up, they know they won't get fired. JR made sure no one's feelings would get hurt if they were held accountable by DG. We want everyone to be happy even if it's sacrificing the team's success. 

7 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

The problem is complacency with this coaching staff. Complacency leads to lackluster production. Shula should've been gone last offseason and Rivera should've been fired this past offseason. No matter how much they fug up, they know they won't get fired. JR made sure no one's feelings would get hurt if they were held accountable by DG. We want everyone to be happy even if it's sacrificing the team's success. 

This is also very much apart of those hard decisions going forward. Decisions that I really feel uneasy about when it comes to Hurney being involved.

First thing, in my opinion, is saving the career and confidence of our QB

10 minutes ago, Gin and Juice said:

This is also very much apart of those hard decisions going forward. Decisions that I really feel uneasy about when it comes to Hurney being involved.

I believe that it's too late for that my friend.

JR won't do poo. As long as that money is coming in he doesn't even care. He doesn't want to win, he just wants to make money and build statues of himself. We'll have one great season every once in a while to keep fans invested and give us hope, but it will be more of the same until he's out.

26 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

That would be disrespectful to complacency.

Truly RR is just a moron. I mean that literally..he's seriously a stupid human being and that accounts for 99.9% of his issues. Man is flat out dumb. He even wears it on his face.

JR is an old lieing POS meddling owner who doesn't have what it takes to make  hard decisions and clearly has no idea how to field a winning franchise. Someone show him a picture of a pie chart but have a timeline that clearly shows him stuck in the past.

Archived