• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ncfan

They say you cant win games when your losibg the turnover gams.

We're -7 in turnover ratio this year. Polar opposite of 2015. 

How we're 4-2 looking at that shocks the heck out of me

0 ints by the DBs this year.  Whens the last time our DBs had 0 ints to start the first 6 games.......combined?

For Fug sakes......Tre Boston has More ints than all of our DBs combined this year

The D isn't getting turnovers and damn if we aren't just being flat out unlucky on some of this stuff. Their muffed punt absolutely should've been a turnover. That pass that bounced off Stew's chest absolutely should not have been a turnover. 

I honestly wasn't all that worried about our lack of INTs, but the issue is that we're not even coming close to getting INTs. Usually when you're struggling to create turnovers you're having some near misses. That isn't the case. We honestly haven't even had all that many chances at an INT this season. I can't remember a single one that we should've or honestly even could've come down with tonight.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The D isn't getting turnovers and damn if we aren't just being flat out unlucky on some of this stuff. Their muffed punt absolutely should've been a turnover. That pass that bounced off Stew's chest absolutely should not have been a turnover. 

I honestly wasn't all that worried about our lack of INTs, but the issue is that we're not even coming close to getting INTs. Usually when you're struggling to create turnovers you're having some near misses. That isn't the case. We honestly haven't even had all that many chances at an INT this season. I can't remember a single one that we should've or honestly even could've come down with tonight.

The other teams receivers usually have about 5 yards of separation from our DBs

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

They say you cant win games when your losibg the turnover gams.

We're -7 in turnover ratio this year. Polar opposite of 2015. 

How we're 4-2 looking at that shocks the heck out of me

0 ints by the DBs this year.  Whens the last time our DBs had 0 ints to start the first 6 games.......combined?

For Fug sakes......Tre Boston has More ints than all of our DBs combined this year

This is a great point.  Only the Bears are worse and good teams just dont have a stat like that.  Just dont.

8 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

The other teams receivers usually have about 5 yards of separation from our DBs

Exactly. My Eagles fan buddy was bitching and moaning about the pass interference calls on them and how we weren't getting any but just had to chuckle when I pointed out that we were rarely close enough to a receiver to even be considered to be covering them, much less interfering with them. Evidently the Eagles' CBs are weak yet our receivers were consistently blanketed.

11 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

that number has to turn around eventually, right? 

You'd think so, but we're going to have to get some DBs close enough to receivers to make a play on the ball first. Still, with the pressure we're putting on QBs you'd think we would've had one or two like Cam's first one tonight. Nothing to do with coverage, just a QB hit while throwing and a ball up in the air for grabs.

Sorry @ncfan I made the exact same thread at exactly the same time (hopefully a mod will delete mine). I think this is really important. If you consider how good our Dline has been, its quite amazing how we have generated so few turnovers. And meanwhile as brilliant as Cam was the last two games hes throwing a lot of balls into situations where defenders are favorite. It's nothing short of astonishing that at -7 we are 4-2. 

4 minutes ago, SeoulPanther said:

Sorry @ncfan I made the exact same thread at exactly the same time (hopefully a mod will delete mine). I think this is really important. If you consider how good our Dline has been, its quite amazing how we have generated so few turnovers. And meanwhile as brilliant as Cam was the last two games hes throwing a lot of balls into situations where defenders are favorite. It's nothing short of astonishing that at -7 we are 4-2. 

Exactly, and if you told me we could be 4-2 when the schedule came out I'd have taken it

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You'd think so, but we're going to have to get some DBs close enough to receivers to make a play on the ball first. Still, with the pressure we're putting on QBs you'd think we would've had one or two like Cam's first one tonight. Nothing to do with coverage, just a QB hit while throwing and a ball up in the air for grabs.

exactly, or a RB tipping it up to the defender.

that's why I truly believe those breaks will eventually fall in our favor. 

Archived