• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1.7 ypc

cheynehowell

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Surely to god Stew won't be on the roster after this season. Stevie Wonder can see that he's shot. 

Well, we have a HC who is starting the guy whos shot over our #8 pick and we have a GM who is notorious for favoring his guys...

prepare yourself for the worst

25 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Tbh CMC needs to be given the opportunity to be THE guy before he is dissmissef at THE guy

CMC needs to take every damn handoff

Now, now Huddler. Take a deep breath, in.....out. I like where you are going with this. But...I think you are a little over the top with the carries for CmC.

I am with giving him the vast majority, just not ALL OF THEM. That is what Cap is for. 

I was being just a tad sarcastic about every snap

The Oline is the transmition the of vehicle in which we call the offense. CMC is a hell of an engine, but cant do poo with a shot transmittion.   Bottom line the transmittion needs to do a better job of getting the engine in gear so we can take the fug off. 

8 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Not sure this is actually true. Stewy has been the bell cow since DWill was cut. But I agree, it looks like it may be time to see what CmC can do as THE MAN.

2 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Well, we have a HC who is starting the guy whos shot over our #8 pick and we have a GM who is notorious for favoring his guys...

prepare yourself for the worst

One of the things I respected about the Rivera/Gman marriage. Was how they would sit down after the season and evaluate the team. Then put a plan together, to make us better. All in all, they were doing a pretty good job. Because, IMO our roster is deeper than it's been in a long time.

That said. The Norman thingy really set us back. But it seemed like, other than that, we were headed in the right direction.

My hope is Rivera is stronger now. That he is better equipped to keep this ship upright. Maybe he can keep Hurndog under control this time around.

My fear is that Hurndog may want to atone for his previous stint. And under pressure to show he has learned from his mistakes. He will go off script, trying to make a splash. Instead of using Rivera, he goes and does what HE thinks is right.

At this time. If we evaluate, and build wisely. We could be set up for prolonged success. Or not.

8 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

I was being just a tad sarcastic about every snap

The Oline is the transmition the of vehicle in which we call the offense. CMC is a hell of an engine, but cant do poo with a shot transmittion.   Bottom line the transmittion needs to do a better job of getting the engine in gear so we can take the fug off. 

I figured you were. Hence my being off beat in my reply. 

If the opportunity to improve the Oline presents itself this off season. I surely hope, we take advantage of it. However, our line ain't that bad right now. So I ain't to sure how easy upgrading will be to be honest. 

Moton can't see the field, it will take some talent to break into this line up.

1 hour ago, PantherNation123 said:

Ever heard of a dude named Cameron Artis Payne?  He is on our roster, and he plays running back

and he got 1 measly carry this last game. Coaching staff doesn't know what they are doing. We have an aging declining franchise leader in rush yards hogging up the carries and stagnating the offense and the coaches arent willing to acknowledge that there's is a problem, which is the first thing you need to do before you fix anything.

10 hours ago, PantherNation123 said:

Ever heard of a dude named Cameron Artis Payne?  He is on our roster, and he plays running back

I'm aware of him, and he definitely should get more work. Just not sure the coaches will give up on Stewart entirely. We'll see, of course. 

Gotta be honest here, and I love Stew...but it's over for him as the lead back.

Without a legit no. 2 WR, and us not being able to lean on Olsen yet, it's time for CMC and CAP to get 90+ % of the carries.  Keep activation Stew, but keep him on the sideline....we will likely need him in the playoffs if we have to go North.

Archived