• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do we root for thursday night?

usmcpanthers

14 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

What about the Packers?

I see the Packers as a middle-class version of the Saints. Rodgers is slightly better than Brees, however the Saints offense and defense as a whole is better than the Packers. I say with the offenses that we have faced already in the Falcons, Patriots, Eagles, and Saints I don't expect the Packers to catch us off guard but it will be a spirited game for them since Rodgers will return. Panthers are a better team than the Packers but I can't say that when comparing them to Vikings and Falcons.

1 minute ago, RoaringRiot said:

This isn't totally fair. Minus the Bears debacle this team hasn't lost to a bad team. They have just lost ugly to those good teams. 

and won ugly.. it's been an ugly season. I dont think we'll lose to the bucs. I'm just saying it wouldnt shock me. But nothing this team does shocks me

4 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Sure. So let's have the Saints beat the Falcons twice so that they're not playing for a playoff spot in week 17. Just another reason to cheer for the Saints tomorrow. 

Agree we need to cheer for the Aints tomorrow. If we win Sunday though I’ll feel confident enough to go for the division and will hope Aints drop the Bucs or Jets and the 2nd Falcons game. Really, we just need to win out. Let the other stuff take care of itself.

9 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

I wouldn't put it past this team to lost to the Bucs at home. This team can't get out of its own way

We’ll see but we usually handle the Bucs even when dropping other games we should win like the Bears this year. 

10 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I'm with you. I don't really understand how it's "unrealistic" exactly. If NO loses this week and we win then we are tied with 3 games remaining. If NO wins Thursday then yes, at that point it is out of reach but if ATL beats them then we can absolutely take the division.

Yes, odds say NO wins it, but it isn't out of reach yet by any means. If ATL wins then we are right back in this thing.

Can you explain how'd you'd be tied with 3 games remaining? Regardless of what happens this weekend, Saints are still the NFC South Leaders due to the sweep

16 hours ago, thomas96 said:

I think we need to see what happens against the Vikings before we root for the Falcons over Aints, which makes them playing Thurs. annoying. If we beat the Vikings then I think the division is still within reach, and obviously for that we need to win out with the Aints losing twice. But even if they win Thursday there's still a chance Falcons beat them in the second meeting and either the Jets or Bucs upset them (never sleep on a divisional game and the Jets have been competitive in every game this year and them beating the Aints would not be a surprise).

On the other hand if we lose to the Vikings assuming the Falcons win Thurs, then we're out of the playoffs a that time.

Think We've found the biggest homer in the NFL

17 minutes ago, 2points said:

Can you explain how'd you'd be tied with 3 games remaining? Regardless of what happens this weekend, Saints are still the NFC South Leaders due to the sweep

The Saints have the tiebreaker but the core of Loomis/Payton/Brees has choked it away before (2013 and 2014 are Exhibits A and B).  Sure the Panthers have themselves to blame but the Saints have looked toothless 2 of the last 3 weeks so it’s by no means a done deal yet.

4 minutes ago, Nails said:

The Saints have the tiebreaker but the core of Loomis/Payton/Brees has choked it away before (2013 and 2014 are Exhibits A and B).  Sure the Panthers have themselves to blame but the Saints have looked toothless 2 of the last 3 weeks so it’s by no means a done deal yet.

Still doesnt answer my question, unless basic math is too difficult 

The core of Loomis/Payton/Brees has also bulldozed its way to a SB title, which is more than I can say about you

But ya know, whatever makes you sleep better at night.. Hopefully Minny puts you out of your misery this weekend.. 

Archived