• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

That Packers #26th ranked Defense...

Hotsauce

3 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

1. I doubt Rodger's is anywhere near 100%.

2.Our secondary rebounded well yesterday (with Colin Jones getting play time!!!). I suspect that Wilkes had a come to Jesus moment with them. Dialing up the pressure again this week will help them out a lot.

3. NYE against ATl concerns me more. Conference game, just whipped the taints, will very likely be playoff football.

4. Fug the browns! they can't do anything right. I shall hereby refer to them as the brown stains (not to be confused with Matt Ryan's pant's) due to their general shittiness!

well the secondary did better , but they were helped out by critical drops yet again for the umpteenth time this season. Thielen dropped a TD, Digs had an interception that came off his hands in the red zone,  and Kyle Rudolph dropped a potential long gainer. We barely won with a late scamper with Cam, who knows what the outcome wouldve been if the Vikes scored even 1 more time.

16 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

If Rodgers is %100 he will torch this secondary with ease, he will remind everyone why he’s the best QB in football.

This is the only game remaining in the schedule I’m not confident in what so ever 

BS. We played them at home in 2015 and beat them by 8 but the game and score don't tell the story. Truth we were crushing them until Rodgers made a few plays late to get back in the game. It was 27-7 at half time and 30-14 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Just coming back from rehab against our pass rush? He better hope he makes it through the game.

14 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

We have beaten him at full strength in 2015 and he will be rusty this Sunday. I am not downplaying Green Bay but there is no reason we shouldn't beat them at home with a near healthy lineup

2015 was 2 years ago , we had Ginn JR and a totally different secondary and Cam was throwing career high completion percentage. Different teams in 2017.

And we also lost to the Bears and probably shouldve lost to the Jets. Dont be surprised if its close. 

19 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

We have beaten him at full strength in 2015 and he will be rusty this Sunday. I am not downplaying Green Bay but there is no reason we shouldn't beat them at home with a near healthy lineup

I think Rodgers will be a bit rusty....just don't let him get into a rhythm...

32 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

well the secondary did better , but they were helped out by critical drops yet again for the umpteenth time this season. Thielen dropped a TD, Digs had an interception that came off his hands in the red zone,  and Kyle Rudolph dropped a potential long gainer. We barely won with a late scamper with Cam, who knows what the outcome wouldve been if the Vikes scored even 1 more time.

And if McCaffrey caught that pass from Cam they don't get an interception  to tie the score. If is the center of life. Truth is we had that game in hand until we made mistakes. As for the secondary when we played in man we were much more effective than zone. They went to the hurry up and we went zone which they exploited. We started going man more often and did a better job. And Munnerlyn was much better than Shaq in pass coverage. I wouldn't play Shaq at all this week. It is too easy to exploit him in the passing game.

If Rodgers doesn't play they may as well sit him for the season.  I fully expect him to be out there.  I also hope he's a little rusty.

I think we're going to see a game without a lot of punts, and the winner will be the team that wins the turnover battle.  Which will be the Panthers, of course, because Luke.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

BS. We played them at home in 2015 and beat them by 8 but the game and score don't tell the story. Truth we were crushing them until Rodgers made a few plays late to get back in the game. It was 27-7 at half time and 30-14 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Just coming back from rehab against our pass rush? He better hope he makes it through the game.

2015 lol

Our defense is no where to that 2015 team.

1 hour ago, Pantha-kun said:

True, but (IMO) the Vikes are the most complete team in the NFL. To beat them you need a little luck. The point is that we were able to capitalize on those mistakes. While the secondary is our D's weak link, they're getting better down the stretch.

51 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

2015 lol

Our defense is no where to that 2015 team.

Actually in total yards surrendered which is Jeremy's stat we are giving up 20 fewer yards this year than 2015 against an arguably tougher schedule. My stat is points surrendered and in 2015 we surrendered 19.2 versus 2017 it is 20.2. But again this years team has faced more teams with winning records and has been solid after struggling early particularly in the secondary where Josh made a big difference in 2015. The difference between 2015 and 2017 is actually the offense more than the defense.

If Green Bay would've lost this week they would have been effectively out of the playoffs and I can almost guarantee they would've shut Rodgers down for the year if that had happened. But of course they were playing us the next week and had to win making our lives a little less uneasy. We win anyway.

13 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Actually in total yards surrendered which is Jeremy's stat we are giving up 20 fewer yards this year than 2015 against an arguably tougher schedule. My stat is points surrendered and in 2015 we surrendered 19.2 versus 2017 it is 20.2. But again this years team has faced more teams with winning records and has been solid after struggling early particularly in the secondary where Josh made a big difference in 2015. The difference between 2015 and 2017 is actually the offense more than the defense.

Total yards are misleading, we gave up a ton of garbage time yards cause we went into a shell in the second halves of games.

This secondary is mediocre and is getting lucky by drops and overthrows

20 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Total yards are misleading, we gave up a ton of garbage time yards cause we went into a shell in the second halves of games.

This secondary is mediocre and is getting lucky by drops and overthrows

I would agree that this secondary isn't as good as 2015 when we have Norman and Peanut at corner. But I think this defense is actually becoming more aggressive and ball hawking and improving as the year proceeds minus the 2 Saints games where I don't know what we were doing...... 

Again this years schedule is much harder than 2015 and as I said we are giving up 1 more point per game......

Archived