• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

i hate weak coffee...

rayzor

Parents thought they would be nice and bought me a bag of dunkin donuts medium roast or whatever their regular poo is. i just made a pot of it with my pour over coffee maker and it's like drinking coffee flavored water.

i expect my coffee to be black. it was barely dark. you could see through it.

i might keep it for when they're over and want some coffee, but it's been a while since i had coffee that wasn't dark roast or espresso.

this is probably the kind of stuff that i started drinking 20 something years ago, but man...just not digging that taste at all. there's something just off about it.

Coffee is like beer unless its fresh roasted (a month max) it loses most of its taste and can taste stale/weak.

Grocery store on the shelf sh*t has been sitting god knows long, and the dates on the bag are BS usually say it’s good for 6mo, when in reality fresh roasted coffee has a peak flavor of about 2 weeks, after that it goes downhill fast.

“Me, I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it, I want to taste it” – Jimmy

@rayzor

Parents are smart man, that was a veteran move. 

Thats what they like and you will be keeping it for when they come over and visit. Mission accomplished. Ha

Personally, I’ve been all over the coffee roadmap. Tested, tried or tasted a good majority. Oddly enough nowadays I prefer instant. Yea, weird. 

Dark roast is fine if you like stale coffee that tastes like whatever they added to the roast.

I like coffee that hasn't had its flavor and caffeine roasted out of it, so I almost always go for the light roast. Problem is that when it's stale, you get what OP described.

• 3 months later...

Bump

i drink coffee for its effects. I like freshly squeezed elephant turd coffee too, but i go for the light roast breakfast blend coffees to give me that coffee kick. 

I fill a cup with ice and poor that sshit in there and drink it quick. Rarely drink it hot. I have sweat problems and it makes it worse. 

The darker coffees have less caffeine. 

And when i squirt coffee up my ass to stimulate the nerves to flush my liver, breakfast blend is the best for that too. Use coconut oil as lube and stay in the tub damn it. 

Archived