• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Mayor Wants Panthers To Stay Put

!stUp

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah. Charlotte officials got paranoid as soon as the news of the team being sold broke.

Richardson will sell to someone who commits to keeping the team anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised if the city gave them some incentives.

This is something that talking heads just do not seem to get.  This is not a fire-sale.  JR got the word out, will get offers and pick the one he likes the best.  And you can bet a good foot massage that the winning bid will be an owner or ownership group that is either Carolina-based or commits to keeping team in Carolina.

3 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

Are there any state-owned teams in the league? I’m wondering if North and South Carolina could pool some cash to purchase the team. I’m sure that would create a poo storm among some people, but having the states own the team would ensure that the team stays. 

No. Don't think the league would allow that, and it'd be a tough sell with non-football voters.

50 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

Are there any state-owned teams in the league? I’m wondering if North and South Carolina could pool some cash to purchase the team. I’m sure that would create a poo storm among some people, but having the states own the team would ensure that the team stays. 

footer-background.png

51 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

Its not allowed.  Green Bay was an exception because they were already publicly owned, but any sale will have to be a private owner, or a group with one person having controlling interest.

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

The city should bend over backwards to meet whatever desire the new owner has to keep the team here. It may cost us some in taxes but our taxes are already going up, and at least as one resident I'm totally up for paying whatever extra I gotta pay.

What you’re insinuating would lead to a revolt, even among Panther fans.  Declining league with uncertain future, ZERO viable relocation threat, perfectly fine BOA=NO NEW TAXES for the NFL

Let’s re-evaluate in 2030 and see where things stand.

1 hour ago, UpstatePanther said:

That would be nice and playing one game at williams brice every season

Archived