• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Mayor Wants Panthers To Stay Put

!stUp

1 hour ago, UpstatePanther said:

Are there any state-owned teams in the league? I’m wondering if North and South Carolina could pool some cash to purchase the team. I’m sure that would create a poo storm among some people, but having the states own the team would ensure that the team stays. 

We here in the decently average state of SC are too broke for that.

Have you seen our roads?

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah. Charlotte officials got paranoid as soon as the news of the team being sold broke.

Richardson will sell to someone who commits to keeping the team anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised if the city gave them some incentives.

What a joke they are.  Yet they wouldn’t demolish/redo a TRUE ancient dump in Memorial Stadium for relative peanuts for MLS.

The Panthers aren’t going anywhere.

36 minutes ago, mjligon said:

We here in the decently average state of SC are too broke for that.

Have you seen our roads?

lmao i live here too bruh. yes ive seen the roads. its because we dont have a prioritization mechanism like NC does. and also because our state politicans are more corrupt than those in a 3rd world country. but i digress. 

3 minutes ago, Jaycat said:

Aren't they about to raise the gas tax to try to address that?

they already did. and fleeced all of SC in the process. that money wont go to fix the roads. its going to line political pockets.

1 minute ago, UpstatePanther said:

lmao i live here too bruh. yes ive seen the roads. its because we dont have a prioritization mechanism like NC does. and also because our state politicans are more corrupt than those in a 3rd world country. but i digress. 

they already did. and fleeced all of SC in the process. that money wont go to fix the roads. its going to line political pockets.

Just like all of our tax dollars.  Nothing new about that.

1 hour ago, Palmetto said:

That would be nice and playing one game at williams brice every season

Interesting that you bring that up. WB stadium was the initial choice for our first season (1995) as far as easier ingress/egress  with I-77, but USC officials didn't want to distract from Gamecock football. So it was off to Death Valley.

i-DRINK-AND-I-KNOW-THINGS-THUMB__15406.1462558558.500.500.jpg?c=2

18 minutes ago, !stUp said:

Interesting that you bring that up. WB stadium was the initial choice for our first season (1995) as far as easier ingress/egress  with I-77, but USC officials didn't want to distract from Gamecock football. So it was off to Death Valley.

i-DRINK-AND-I-KNOW-THINGS-THUMB__15406.1462558558.500.500.jpg?c=2

And now Clemson holds the honor of being the first home of the Carolina  Panthers ...how dumb of USC

7 minutes ago, iamcline said:

San Antonio, Oklahoma, St. Louis with right ownership. There are options.

This Guy...

1509119625_868c4ab53ce89b43819125ac790f8e1d.jpg

And This Guy...

694911629ml00048-super-bowl.jpg

Would make sure San Antonio never happens. St. Louis has lost two NFL teams ala Atlanta with the NHL...ain't happening dude.

Archived