• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB of the Future, and Fox's Job Security..

DelhommesTheMan

That's probably what it is. Because I still can't understand what people love so much about this guy. I've heard people criticize us for passing him up for 3 years now, saying that he would have turned out better than the Beason/Kalil trade combo. This is the same guy who just lost his job to "2 complete passes Derek Anderson", right?

He's captain checkdown which might make some people on here happy.

I was thinking about Clausen too so I looked up a mock draft. He was projected to go 20th. If that is anywhere near correct we will not have a shot. I REALLY hate that we gave up our 1st round pick.

We have a better chance of plucking a Chad Henne type guy off someone's roster. I know we can't get Henne now, but someone like him who is a backup. Maybe Kevin Kolb?? Or if Philly lets McNabb go after this year we could plug him in for a year or 2.

That is kind of what I am hoping happens. I hope we get a new coach and that Philly wants to part ways with McNabb. We take McNabb for a two year contract and we draft a guy back him up either this year in the second round or next year in the first round. Its a really long shot but he would be the perfect QB for us...

If we went with a Notre Dame product, at this point I might rather have Jimmy Claussen than Brady Quinn.

Mr. Scot, as a ND fan trust me that's not what you want.

I'd taken Quinn here for a 3rd rounder. To me that's a very low risk/high reward trade. At the very least we'd end up with a good backup QB for a 3rd round pick.

Mr. Scot, as a ND fan trust me that's not what you want.

I'd taken Quinn here for a 3rd rounder. To me that's a very low risk/high reward trade. At the very least we'd end up with a good backup QB for a 3rd round pick.

Matt Moore has looked just as good as Brady Quinn as a back up, no need to waste a 3rd rounder on another back up.

The point isnt what QB too go after...its will Fox look for the future if he feels like he doesnt have one with this organization?...And is that hurting us moving forward?

Fox has had years to look for a QB of the future. I don't know if he'll start looking now. He's too stubborn and arrogant to look for one. He will stick with Jake no matter what. He's already called Jake to tell him that he's going to stick with him no matter how big or how many times he stinks it up.

His philosophy of not choosing a QB in the draft because Jake has heart and is the leader is complete and utter bullshit. Just look around the league at guys like Flacco, Ryan, Henne, Kolb, Rogers. Do you think any of their coaches looked at their current veteran QB and said "We'll we don't need a QB of the future. We already have a vet who is the leader of this team."? Hell no.

Steve McNair was most definately a leader on the Ravens offense. Brett Favre was most definately a leader on the Packers offense. McNabb is most definately a leader on the Eagles offense. Yet all 3 three teams picked up a QB of the future because they realize how important it is to do so. Fox should be fired just for this.

Archived