• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How the flying fug is Cam not in the MVP discussion

KillaCamNewton

1 hour ago, JARROD said:

Cam doesn’t play for the Steelers, Patriots, Packers or Cowboys so he has to do twice as much as them, and our team has to go 15-1 and blow out the best NFC teams just to be in the conversation.

thats not what the MVP is supposed to be judged on but this is the NFL, not for low life’s league.

just the truth.

to me he is— John Madden said the MVP is the guy that you win because of, that you take off a playoff team and they go 4-6 wins at the most without.

in today’s NFL though, you have to be on the most popular teams and have to make all the fantasy nerd happy because they only know their video games—- but they are not football fans or fans of any team.

neither is the NFL, it’s just about keeping the nerds happy.

just see the Buffalo Kelvin TD overturn for any questions on the subject,... even the former referees that always side with the league ditched them on this one.

Problem with that is that these days, you could say that about virtually every team's qb, except perhaps the Vikes.  

If Gurley wins,... awesome.

hes been a beast all season with no stop in sight. 

However if Gurley was not on the Rams,... would they have sucked? 

Im not saying Cam is the MVP this year,... but for example all the talk was for Wentz,.. and he did awesome this year,.. but Foles stepping in to throw 4 touchdowns without a hiccup means they would be pretty darn good without Wentz.

thats what I mean. 

You have to get your team to the playoffs and they couldn’t have done it without you,.. thats the MVP.

whos that?

3 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Quick recap:

-Outdueled Tom Brady, Matthew Stafford, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan in shootouts

-Put 31 on the best defense in the league in the Vikings including a 60 yard run to essentially win the game

-#1 receiver traded midseason

-#2 receiver on IR

-All pro tight end on IR until December

-Arguably has the worst LT in the league

-Hands down has the worst receiving corps in the league

-His 2 running backs barely have a combined 1,000 yards through 15 games

-Secondary is by far the worst in the league and consistently forces him to either ice or win the game several times in the 4th quarter

-This team is 11-4, yes ELEVEN AND FOUR playing in the hardest division in football and playing against the tough NFC North and at New England this year

Anything else I missed?

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Quick recap:

-Outdueled Tom Brady, Matthew Stafford, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan in shootouts

-Put 31 on the best defense in the league in the Vikings including a 60 yard run to essentially win the game

-#1 receiver traded midseason

-#2 receiver on IR

-All pro tight end on IR until December

-Arguably has the worst LT in the league

-Hands down has the worst receiving corps in the league

-His 2 running backs barely have a combined 1,000 yards through 15 games

-Secondary is by far the worst in the league and consistently forces him to either ice or win the game several times in the 4th quarter

-This team is 11-4, yes ELEVEN AND FOUR playing in the hardest division in football and playing against the tough NFC North and at New England this year

Anything else I missed?

I think that our defense is not being recognized enough for how good they are. They’ve been the reason we’ve stayed in so many game. We have had four quarterbacks throw for more than 300 yards on us. The only thing about the defense is that at first we weren’t forcing turnovers at all. Four games they allowed 3 points and we are 3-1 in those games. The only game that I saw that cam could be thrown in the MVP category was the Miami game. His decision making is what is hurting him this year. Chicago one of the int’s was his fault. Forced it to KB. And then against philly in the fourth quarter, his pass to literally no one. He has shown glimpses of his MVP status, but then just makes some questionable decisions and that’s what hurts him. If he starts playing like he’s capable of from 2015 and our defense plays like it has, we can make a deeeeep playoff run. I’m optimistic for it. Just need to see better decision making from cam. 

37 minutes ago, bolenforsoup said:

I think that our defense is not being recognized enough for how good they are. They’ve been the reason we’ve stayed in so many game. We have had four quarterbacks throw for more than 300 yards on us. The only thing about the defense is that at first we weren’t forcing turnovers at all. Four games they allowed 3 points and we are 3-1 in those games. The only game that I saw that cam could be thrown in the MVP category was the Miami game. His decision making is what is hurting him this year. Chicago one of the int’s was his fault. Forced it to KB. And then against philly in the fourth quarter, his pass to literally no one. He has shown glimpses of his MVP status, but then just makes some questionable decisions and that’s what hurts him. If he starts playing like he’s capable of from 2015 and our defense plays like it has, we can make a deeeeep playoff run. I’m optimistic for it. Just need to see better decision making from cam. 

You must be watching Jaguars games.

Most people here should get Jerseys with BA stitched on them.

Benedict Arnold,... or Judas

Bad Attitude works also.

Cam is not the MVP this season, but should be in the conversation, easily 3-4th.

Anyone going to look anyone square in the eyes and say the Panthers win more than 6 games this year without Cam?

Football isn’t always about pretty stats, it’s about finding ways to win, inspiring the players around you to play better.

how many out there put up pretty stats but their teams never go to the playoffs, never win playoff games when they do? 

If Wilson takes the Hawks to the playoffs, it should be him, hands down. And I hate the guy. But he has no Oline and no run game. I know we like to talk about how bad our run game is, the Hawks leading rusher- not including RW- is Chris Carson, who hasn't played since week 4. RW has more than double the next guys rushing yards.

I know he had bad games vs Jacksonville and LAR, but still. He has zero help over there on offense.

I feel like this year though we will have a non-QB win it, because there is no QB that just completely stands out. It might have been AB but with that injury I think Gurley wins it. 

1 hour ago, JARROD said:

Most people here should get Jerseys with BA stitched on them.

Benedict Arnold,... or Judas

Bad Attitude works also.

Cam is not the MVP this season, but should be in the conversation, easily 3-4th.

Anyone going to look anyone square in the eyes and say the Panthers win more than 6 games this year without Cam?

Football isn’t always about pretty stats, it’s about finding ways to win, inspiring the players around you to play better.

how many out there put up pretty stats but their teams never go to the playoffs, never win playoff games when they do? 

its an NFL MVP award not a can your team win without you award

Being a fan of a team doesn't mean being a homer its a big difference

Archived