• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We only have 1 completion in which the ball traveled longer than 40 yards in the air??

GoobyPls

31 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

you cant call a guy a bust after one season while being injured

they still couldve drafted Kamara in the second round  and still have Samuel :thinking:

His first year is a bust, end of story.  As I said in my post, we'll see what he does next year.

There are several things that factor into this. Cam has not been as good on the deep ball as he used to be..could be the injury,  wr he is throwing to.  Keep in mind he was limited in practice and Byrd has been hurt, Samuels was hurt. Funchess just started going long in the absence of KB, Ginn,and Olsen. Shula has a tendency to call plays at the wrong time..sometimes I think Cam says forget it, I will make it work.

5 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Wtf are you talking about In 2015 Cam was one of the league leaders in passes over 40 yards

Regardless that may true but this is not the reason that season was a success. O don’t like passing stats because they’re very flawed. 2015 was a great year and kind of an anomaly, he had 10 40+ yards and was the highest, but again that was an elite team. His designed plays rushing opened a lot of that up as it was probably his best rushing year.

I believe that year Cam dunk and dunked more than any other year, more screens more 5-9 Years passes than I’ve ever seen him throw. Which again is why I don’t like stats. Cam took what was given to him and that is why it was so successful.

In looking at our other, more practical seasons like this year, the 12-4 year Cam has not passed for that long yet we still end up with an above average record.

if you believe cam needs all these weapons then I just think you’re not giving cam credit for just how good he is. Give me cam behind a good o line, especially as a dual threat qb before getting him a true #1. Forget a WR, can you imagine what Cam could do with a real LT?

18 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

I’ve been over this with you before.

Its how he catches the ball. He doesn’t have natural hands. If you haven’t been able to realize that yet I seriously can’t help you

You know who does have good hands? Byrd. 

Good thing we have this guy scouting for us and not professionals. Samuel looked like a young developing player. He dropped 2 balls on 26 targets. I'm not worried about his hands at all. If he can stay healthy, he will help the offense. So will Byrd. We might be in a WR crisis but looking into next season I doubt we need to add anyone. 

15 hours ago, outlaw4 said:

Simple answer to this: Cam's shoulder. Considering how much he struggled just to get the ball ten yards down the field early in the season, there's no doubt in my mind that deep passes were going to take a big hit. From everything I've seen, I don't think he has overthrow a deep shot once.

This is how I see it. He couldn't hit open guys down the sideline early in the season. On the rare occasion he's gone deep he still looks inaccurate. If we throw deep and don't complete it, our offense ends up in dire straits. We need to be in 3rd and medium to present the threat of Cam running. At 3rd and 10 defenses can rush with reckless abandon. 

2 hours ago, KendrickPanther said:

Good thing we have this guy scouting for us and not professionals. Samuel looked like a young developing player. He dropped 2 balls on 26 targets. I'm not worried about his hands at all. If he can stay healthy, he will help the offense. So will Byrd. We might be in a WR crisis but looking into next season I doubt we need to add anyone. 

If we don’t give Cam a true veteran legit WR next season everyone in the front office should be fired.

Byrd and Samuel haven’t proven anything 

2 hours ago, KendrickPanther said:

The “professionals” have done such a good job at it right?

Samuel proved me right this season and proved that this team’s “professional” scouting department doesn’t have a hot clue. 

Please don’t waste my time with dumb ass responses like this 

12 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

If we don’t give Cam a true veteran legit WR next season everyone in the front office should be fired.

Byrd and Samuel haven’t proven anything 

I want Davante Adams. I don’t think the Packers will tag him so if he’s available we need to pounce. 

Archived