• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whipping Boy

kungfoodude

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

I could possibly begin to consider giving Gettleman a bit of a pass for Matt Kalil if he didn't also let Ted Ginn walk in favor of Charles Johnson and Russell Shepard after seeing how signing Tiquan Underwood worked out for us.

I think Gettleman hit on a lot of his early "dumpster diving" moves with us and that built him a lot of credit with the fans. The reality seems to be that he wasn't not a wizard of a talent evaluator as most liked to believe. The latter half of this time here had quite a few blunders(draft and free agency) and he really left some obvious roster holes. That said, the one thing you can't take away from him is that he did a bang up job navigating us through the salary cap hell that Hurney Part I left us with.

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think Gettleman hit on a lot of his early "dumpster diving" moves with us and that built him a lot of credit with the fans. The reality seems to be that he wasn't not a wizard of a talent evaluator as most liked to believe. The latter half of this time here had quite a few blunders(draft and free agency) and he really left some obvious roster holes. That said, the one thing you can't take away from him is that he did a bang up job navigating us through the salary cap hell that Hurney Part I left us with.

Oh but Gettleman is going to make the Giants an instant contender with no QB.

If he pulls that dollar tree poo in NY he won't even last 2 seasons.

4 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

I liked Dave but have changed my opinion. I still think he did a lot of good but the thing that did it for me is him letting Ginn go twice and then giving Russell Shepard that contract

I have said it about 400 times today. The Kalil signing alone was a fireable offense.

12 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

Whitworth was an easy pickup but many posters tried to tell me how old he was......

That's the thing, his age wasn't even a big deal, IMO. He was still super productive and it allowed us to fill an obvious gap for 2-3 years while we tried to draft or sign a guy to be a future. Such a stupid move not to sign him.

Archived