• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting Over

redbuddha

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

And we haven't had it since Smith, drafted by George Siefert

let that sink in a little bit

Not really defending shula but its not his or riveras fault that both Byrd and Samuel are now on IR.  I think they were counting on some big things from Samuel this year and on KB upping his game. Instead Samuel gets hurt early on and KB plays like a wounded walrus.  Sometimes things don't work out like you planned them.

8 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Not really defending shula but its not his or riveras fault that both Byrd and Samuel are now on IR.  I think they were counting on some big things from Samuel this year and on KB upping his game. Instead Samuel gets hurt early on and KB plays like a wounded walrus.  Sometimes things don't work out like you planned them.

Neither of those two are close to Smith level, not in this lifetime

look at the steelers and their offensive talent

in the playoffs, top level teams will tear the Panthers up

Rewind back to last January, what if I told you:

- Cam would have offseason surgery in late March and spend the entire year limited in practice

-The entire front office would be gone before training camp

- We would lose Greg Olsen and Ryan Kalil to injury for most of the season

-KB would be traded for picks before midseason

-Thomas Davis, Luke Kuechly, Charles Johnson, and Trai Turner would all miss games to due to injuries or suspensions

-Brenton Bersin would be in for over 50% of our offensive snaps in December

-Our owner would be embroiled in a scandal and decided to the sell team

If I you told you all that, and then asked you over/under 6 wins, how many of you would have taken the under? Probably most. How many would have thought we'd finish with 11 wins, be in the playoffs, and only lose the NFC South due to tiebreakers.

Look, I don't think Rivera is a perfect coach. I get just as frustrated as anyone with Shula's predictable and often anemic playcalling. Cam is definitely not a perfect QB. But let's give this team some fuging credit for what they managed to accomplish despite some seemingly insurmountable challenges. Winning games in the NFL is fuging hard. The Browns have won 1 in 32 tries. Only 4 teams other than us have made the playoffs as often as we have over the past 5 seasons. I think we have a better shot next Sunday than most people are giving us, but even if we lose, let's not discount what this team has accomplished given the circumstances.

Frankly, I think some of you folks are acting like spoiled children. Go try on being a Browns fan for size. Or a Bills fan, who just made their first playoff trip since internet message boards became a thing. We blow everything up, we're just as likely to join those franchises in the toilet as we are to ascend any further. 

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

by creative, i mean adaptable and able to take advantage of 1) who you have and 2) what the defense is giving you.

if you have a good and creative OC, imo, you don't need much more in the way of WRs than what we've got.

btw, i think next year we are good in the WR dept.....that is if we can stay healthy. i really like what i've seen from funch and what i saw in samuel and byrd before they went on IR.

seems they might be made of china...

I hate to say this, but I really believe Cam got a good 2-3 years left and we should be aiming for a Superbowl. Cam will be 29 in May. We've wasted a talent in Cam by not providing an offensive mind and scheme that can seriously challenge Cam and this offense and high draft picks mostly on defense. Yeah we finally gave him CMC and Samuel, but they're not a Julio or OBJ. KB definitely wasn't either of them, but his knee injury impacted him more than any of us could predict when he was drafted.

Right now if we lose you looking at 24th pick in the draft. Idc what anybody say, I'm firing Shula. I'm moving CMC to the slot along with Samuel and I'll trade our 1st and 2nd for Barkley. Both our 3rds to go back in the 2nd round for a olineman. Free agency is the key to success next season for WR and DB

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

i'd like to see cam with a much different and more creative OC.

i'd rather not see shula at all.

This

I wanna at least see Cam spend a couple of years with a real OC. Even after the early splash his rookie year, he's had some bad games with Chud as OC 

Wanna see coaches that understand his skill set and work with him like the way Holmgren and Marriuci fixed Favre ... Shula and Dorsey need to go 

Archived