• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting Over

redbuddha

We already know a new gm is coming down the pipe, we also know there will be new ownership. So with that being said do we get rid of Shula,  or do we get rid of Cam?

• For those of us who have doubted Shula as a coach, we always spoken to his track record, which has been historically avg at best. Even our best season with Shula at the helm, would be considered an outlier in his career.
  • As much as I love Cam he has also been wildly inconsistent with amazing peaks, and horrendously deep valleys.

So the question is “Do we think Shula makes Cam below average, thru scheme, coaching and play calling, or is Cam just a below average qb or Cam would be above average qb with a different scheme and play caller.

Because we know at least 2 changes are going to happen, will there be more and which would you prefer?

this is not a thread for pie, just honest discussion.

I remember when Rivera got hired he states how he wanted an attacking offense.  We honestly had that with Chud.  Chud of course leaves to become a HC, and all of a sudden Rivera is okay with this mismanaged, conservative garbage for good?  Rivera has gone soft and while he may have survived this long, and had success dispite his shortcomings, this franchise needs someone to take us to the next level.  Also Rivera may be the worst at managing the clock I’ve ever seen.

Its a combination of the two. Cam has always been inconsistent throwing the ball , and Shula makes things worse by calling dumb ass play calls that dont help receivers get open.

Shula isn't going anywhere until we have another losing season . Then it depends on how much or how little patience our new owner has. 

Cams not going anywhere until his contracts up, which means at least 3 more seasons (through 2020 season).

With Cam you have to keep in mind he's had a shitty OC, shitty Oline, and shitty WRs for the vast majority of his career. I think its only fair to let him have at least a couple seasons with a much better OC, better WRs, and oline. 

Shula and Cam both have their faults. Shula more so than Cam. But the biggest obstacle this offense is facing is they just don’t have the talent. When your Wrs can’t beat man coverage that makes it really hard to do your job as an offensive coordinator and QB. More of it falls on Shula for not being able to scheme players open. 

5 minutes ago, DelhommesTheMan said:

Louis Riddick said this morning after watching the film that our scheme and play calling looked like Training Camp Day 1 Install stuff.  Absolutely pathetic...

At least 5 times this year I have heard announcers scoff that we had three WRs in the same area several times in several games. That’s on scheme not players 

Just now, AceBoogie said:

Shula and Cam both have their faults. Shula more so than Cam. But the biggest obstacle this offense is facing is they just don’t have the talent. When your Wrs can’t beat man coverage that makes it really hard to do your job as an offensive coordinator and QB. More of it falls on Shula for not being able to scheme players open. 

Patriots WRs outside of Cooks arent incredibly talented either 

Archived