• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Norv Turner Experience - Cam Newton's Deathbed

Saca312

Just now, rayzor said:

i think most of us have been clamoring for a faster paced and harder to predict offense. that's not going to be turner.

i think he may run it better, but the bar isn't exactly very high right there.

i think we can do better, we need better, but this is the direction rivera wants to stay with.

the question is, if he wants to keep doing things the same way, then why go and get rid of shula? my guess is that turner is who he's wanted all along.

My guess is that Shula was just a cheap imitation of Turner.  Now Ron can have the real thing, whatever good that will do.  Call me skeptical that we will see any difference between what has been and what's to come.  The best we can hope for is that Norv can at least utilize what talent we have to the best he knows how.  Other than that I can't see what difference it makes.  Our other best hope is that Norv puts someone at QB coach that Newton will actually listen to.

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i think most of us have been clamoring for a faster paced and harder to predict offense. that's not going to be turner.

i think he may run it better, but the bar isn't exactly very high right there.

i think we can do better, we need better, but this is the direction rivera wants to stay with.

the question is, if he wants to keep doing things the same way, then why go and get rid of shula? my guess is that turner is who he's wanted all along.

Run game is going to be much better instead of relying on Cam as the engine , the offense will finally utilize RBs properly. Majority of run calls to be power, iso, zone off tackles plays for RBs instead of read options?

A good running game can get you about 4-6 wins just look at Dallas's past few season.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

My guess is that Shula was just a cheap imitation of Turner.  Now Ron can have the real thing, whatever good that will do.  Call me skeptical that we will see any difference between what has been and what's to come.  The best we can hope for is that Norv can at least utilize what talent we have to the best he knows how.  Other than that I can't see what difference it makes.  Our other best hope is that Norv puts someone at QB coach that Newton will actually listen to.

If he utilizes our talent better we will go to the SB...sounds good...beef up the secondary and we are Champs

8 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I keep saying the top offenses usually have some of the top skill players, these magical coordinators that make practice squad players servicable are rare and damn sure aren’t going to be coordinators much more than one season before getting a hc gig. Josh mcdaniels is the exception but we see it year after year.

that being said bringing in a guy who can fuc the simplest of issues that bog down the time offesne will work wonders

Is it really McDaniels? I mean, that Pats offense just keeps on ticking no matter who the OC is.

34 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Even worse, the Coryell system is something that even Shula admitted he never fully grasped. It involves a large and insanely complex set of terminology to even function.

Greg Jennings from the Vikings shares his struggles trying to learn this system.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000345571/article/greg-jennings-norv-turners-offense-tough-to-grasp?campaign=tw-articleshare

Most definitely not something that can be done in just one season if this is the direction we're now headed in.

Sounds like Jennings isn't all that smart then. Sounds exactly like something the Pats would do. If you got people that can't run a complex system then draft smarter players...you really trying to use dumb players as an excuse or something?

If Norv ends up being the pick, I'll wait to see their debut next season before passing judgement. However, I do remember his tenure as HC for the Chargers and I remember how he utilized Sproles and LT. If that is any indication of the future, expect CMC to break out.

Archived