• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why you should be excited about Turner

Snake

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yeah I mentioned Wallace a month or two ago as an option.

He fits the deep threat mold like Ginn was for us and should come relatively cheap.

I’d like to see us (and you should too) do better than Wallace but if we do sign Wallace, he’s better than what we got.

Wallace is the pure deep threat we need to fill Ginn's old role. That doesn't solve the problem of lacking a #1 WR. There's few things I want more for us right now than a legitimate #1 who can get open at will and have sure hands like a Brown, Beckham, K. Allen, etc. The problem though is that isn't all that easy easy to find, even if you're willing to spend anything to get it. I think Watkins could fit that mold but sounds like he'll be tagged. I'm not convinced that Allen Robinson fits that mold either and he's had injury problems. Nobody else out there in FA really is a true #1. Moncrief, Lee, Richardson, etc. are okay but they aren't really true #1s, and we kind of already know what those guys will be in the future as well. 

As far as the draft goes, I've watched very little of these prospects so far. What little I've seen of Ridley, I think he could fit that role for us. 

19 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Cam has never had the weapons needed to become a “receivers dream”. We haven’t provided him with ANY legitimate talent other than maybe 2015, and those results speak for themselves.

Keep beating that idiotic drum of yours though.

He sure did help Ted Ginn out in a big way. Go ask him how he feels about Cam. He wanted to come back here, but you know, we don’t need him. We have forced Cam to get by with mediocre talent at best at the position for far too long, then we get fans like yourself critiquing every missed throw. 

I love Cam but have a much more realistic idea of his strengths and weaknesses. Nut huggers like you are ridiculous. No Cam hasn't had great weapons but let's be real here. He missed wide open guys routinely and frequently would throw into double coverage when he had a man wide open in the flat multiple times. Against Atlanta he started off 0-9 which apparently was a franchise record. Try being more reasonable and maybe you would have some credibility.

53 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

it all depends on what the changes are...I don't see a wholesale reconstruction of the offense given the short window we have ...it is obvious the offense will be within the framework of what we already have...the biggest question is what other players will be added and plugged in...?

You nuthuggers should be worried that if we go to a WCO or a traditional passing game that we will move on from Cam as soon as we can absorb his dead cap hit and install a more traditional quarterback system if he doesn't improve in a big way. His worth is as a dual threat not as a pocket passer. If the new OC and quarterback coach can't fix his issues and he struggles like he has in the pocket, there may be better options out there.  I have argued that he could make the change and would be fine but he is so hot and cold I wonder. Against the Saints he was money but Atlanta he was terrible. We won't have a consistent winner until we have a consistent quarterback and right now Cam isn't.

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You nuthuggers should be worried that if we go to a WCO or a traditional passing game that we will move on from Cam as soon as we can absorb his dead cap hit and install a more traditional quarterback system if he doesn't improve in a big way. His worth is as a dual threat not as a pocket passer. If the new OC and quarterback coach can't fix his issues and he struggles like he has in the pocket, there may be better options out there.  I have argued that he could make the change and would be fine but he is so hot and cold I wonder. Against the Saints he was money but Atlanta he was terrible. We won't have a consistent winner until we have a consistent quarterback and right now Cam isn't.

Your living proof you can't fix stupid. 

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Newton is not a receivers dream, Drew Brees is. No receivers are dying to play for Cam who over throws folks regularly and complete just over half his passes. 

Ted Ginn Jr. was on his way to being a high school gym coach before coming to play with Cam. Literally saved his career. 

17 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The current staff won't be around long enough to switch schemes if this effort doesn't work.  It's one last hail Mary for old Ron.

Archived