• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Report states Cam had "substantial" knee damage

CarolinaSunday

4 hours ago, CarolinaSunday said:

I know there's a thread about the concussion finding, but I thought this might warrant its own thread:

In the NFL investigation on whether the Panthers followed concussion protocol after the hit to the eye that Cam took, an interesting nugget was buried.  The reason Cam awkwardly fell to the ground was because he could not bend his knee.  From the NFL.com article

I had not heard about a knee injury before.  I saw tweets indicating be does not need surgery but I don't love the "substantial" descriptor. 

scandalous  

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

Now do me.

FYI, the majority of those standing with you in defense of Gettleman will be the first to throw Cam Newton under the bus in about 8 months when he has his first incomplete pass like every other QB.

Might want to know the company you keep.

3 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

So was MLK, Ali, X, Obama, and Kaepernick. Someone has to fight the good fight, but then again you wouldn’t know anything about it and I don’t blame you for it. When you’re black you have to stick up for Cam in a different way because of all the cloaked racists that simply attack him because he’s a black man playing QB. 

I’m not comparing The Red to any of those other guys or even Kaepernick, because I know the hate that comes with that. I will however, point out that each of those were also hated in their time. I’d be shocked if any of those that gave you pie come from the black community, because most of those know where Red is coming from. 

I’m in agreement with Red and you in a way.  We all think Cam is putting his body on the line and is a never before seen talent.

In individual cases race is a factor for some. (Stupid gunna Stupid)

But exactly why the fans are split on Newton is varied.  Most of it has to do with media coverage.  If they painted him more favorably, people would too.

Hate to say it this way but the general perception of Cam Newton as presented by the mainstream sports media, is...

well...

#fakenews

Archived