• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney Has Been Reinstated

bobsfoodbasics

14 hours ago, thomas96 said:

If Hurney runs the draft this year it's pretty damn certain we'll get a stud in the first round... After that, I wouldn't get my hopes up. But maybe we can get another Josh or Hardy.

That’s why I’d rather him trade picks for decent players. He can’t hit 2nd and 3rd rounders to save his life. 

Next we will do another small school tackle project or trade both our thirds for another armanti wanting to play receiver.

trade the 2nd and 2 third rounders for players.

he got Olsen for a 3rd so why not?

8 minutes ago, JARROD said:

That’s why I’d rather him trade picks for decent players. He can’t hit 2nd and 3rd rounders to save his life. 

Next we will do another small school tackle project or trade both our thirds for another armanti wanting to play receiver.

trade the 2nd and 2 third rounders for players.

he got Olsen for a 3rd so why not?

Ryan Kalil, Will Witherspoon, Charles Johnson, etc.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

There you go again. I tried to give you praise and you go to the extreme characterization which seems your primary strategy these days. I said you knew more about them than I did but I did do research and know them. Which of these candidates have been general manager before.  And the issue. It is this draft and this offseason. And the plan is 90 % done. 

We've had no visits, no pro days, the Combine is still several days away, free agency even further out and our GM was suspended for a week or so but the draft plan is "90% done"?

Even in a normal offseason, draft preparation wouldn't be "90% done" until mid-April or later.

Heck, our free agency planning isn't even likely to be done yet.

On 2/17/2018 at 9:56 AM, panthers55 said:

And if we were picking a GM for the long term you might be right but we aren't. For right now until a new owner is chosen in a few months Hurney is the only one who has actually been a GM and knows the plan and so far the second time around appears by opinions doing a much better job. This is not a long term decision we are making so why the angst as if it was.

I will agree 100% with you when I see that happen

On 2/17/2018 at 10:26 AM, thomas96 said:

The constant complaining and blindly trashing every single person in our organization is just getting extremely tiring around here. Maybe I should just stop reading for a while until things settle down with a new owner.

I agree with you in principal. That does get old, but again I don't see the point in taking personal shots at someone

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

I agree with you in principal. That does get old, but again I don't see the point in taking personal shots at someone

@Mr. Scot I apologize for that, it was unnecessary and uncharacteristic of me. 100% sincere and I’m ready to go back to discussing football (though I’m going to take it easy on the forums these week as I suspect it will be mayhem when Hurney is named GM...).

11 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

@Mr. Scot I apologize for that, it was unnecessary and uncharacteristic of me. 100% sincere and I’m ready to go back to discussing football (though I’m going to take it easy on the forums these week as I suspect it will be mayhem when Hurney is named GM...).

I'm probably not gonna be online much when it happens either. 

It probably would have been easier if they would have just done a generic Rooney Rule interview then hired him. The fact that we had actual qualified candidates here and had a chance at a real GM just makes it that much worse.

At this point, I'm just looking forward to Jerry Richardson being gone and hoping the next owner is  a lot smarter.

Archived